From: Jack Scheible <js@pcnew1.rosslyn.sparta.com>
To: tmoran@bix.com (Tom Moran)
Subject: Re: Compiler out or Memory Error
Date: 1997/10/02
Date: 1997-10-02T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

tmoran@bix.com (Tom Moran) writes:

> Is that Meridian compiler running as a DOS program?  If so, do you
> have lots of room in "real" memory?  Do you have a single large
> package that perhaps could be split into separate compilations?

The DOS version of the Meridian compiler is a hog.  Run screaming from
the Sun version.  I got the DOS Meridian to work by compiling it through
an editor (VEDIT) that could swap itself, and nearly everything else,
out of memory before running the compiler.  My honest opinion is that
you get a good compiler (GNAT) and put it on a real OS (Linux).

-jack