From: Natasha Kerensikova <lithiumcat@instinctive.eu>
Subject: Re: Leap second support and ARM 9.6.1p89/2
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 07:35:56 +0000 (UTC)
Date: 2014-08-07T07:35:56+00:00	[thread overview]

Hello,

On 2014-08-07, Randy Brukardt <randy@rrsoftware.com> wrote:
> "Natasha Kerensikova" <lithiumcat@instinctive.eu> wrote in message
>> I was quite surprised to find that on my platforms (FSF GNAT 4.9.0 on
>> FreeBSD and FSF GNAT 4.8.3 on Fedora), the assertion testing Leap_Second
>> is raised, which means that Leap_Second is ignored instead of raising an
>> exception.
>>
>> I realize that 9.6.1p89/2 is under "Implementation Advice", so I guess
>> that ignoring Leap_Second is allowed by the standard, right?
>
> The definition of Time_Of and Split is what matters here. I don't think it
> was intended that Leap_Second just be ignored. The Implementation Advice
> that you reference just means that it is OK to not support Leap_Seconds at
> all (but in that case, Time_Error ought to be raised by Time_Of).

Thanks a lot for the language-lawyering explanation.

>> Should I still report it as a bug somewhere?
>
> I would. I don't see any permission to ignore the Leap_Seconds flag (as
> opposed to just not supporting it). Perhaps your program ran afoul of
> rounding or something like that, but I'd let your implementer explain.

Ok, so would I. So I guess the next step is checking who is the
implementer, i.e. whether's it's AdaCore's problem or FSF's.

Would someone here with a working installation of GNAT GPL 2014 be kind
enough to test the function in the OP, and tell me whether it's
affected?

Thanks for your help,
Natasha