* SPARK documentation?
@ 2012-01-11 15:47 usenet
From: usenet @ 2012-01-11 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Now that I saw SPARK is the only AdaCore freebie available for the SPARC
platform I am looking for information on the SPARK subset. Can some kind
soul please direct me to the language reference manual or whatever they're
calling it. I searched a bit and didn't find anything that looks like an
LRM, just some proprietary documents and I don't understand what I am
looking at. Thanks.

* Re: SPARK documentation?
@ 2012-01-11 16:23 ` Jeffrey Carter
From: Jeffrey Carter @ 2012-01-11 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 01/11/2012 08:47 AM, usenet@postinghost.com wrote:
> Now that I saw SPARK is the only AdaCore freebie available for the SPARC
> platform I am looking for information on the SPARK subset. Can some kind
> soul please direct me to the language reference manual or whatever they're
> calling it. I searched a bit and didn't find anything that looks like an
> LRM, just some proprietary documents and I don't understand what I am
> looking at. Thanks.

Note that SPARK is a collection of tools for static analysis of code. SPARK GPL
does not include a compiler.

--
Jeff Carter
"I blow my nose on you."

* Re: SPARK documentation?
@ 2012-01-11 16:24 ` Georg Bauhaus
From: Georg Bauhaus @ 2012-01-11 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 11.01.12 16:47, usenet@postinghost.com wrote:
> Now that I saw SPARK is the only AdaCore freebie available for the SPARC
> platform I am looking for information on the SPARK subset. Can some kind
> soul please direct me to the language reference manual or whatever they're
> calling it. I searched a bit and didn't find anything that looks like an
> LRM, just some proprietary documents and I don't understand what I am
> looking at. Thanks.

The language reference and other material lives in a subdirectory
of the SPARK installation. Might be HTML documents, or PDF files.
For example,
$ ls -1 /opt/GNAT2011/docs/HTML/*LRM*
/opt/GNAT2011/docs/HTML/SPARK83_LRM.htm
/opt/GNAT2011/docs/HTML/SPARK_LRM.htm
$

* Re: SPARK documentation?
@ 2012-01-12  2:41 ` Britt
From: Britt @ 2012-01-12  2:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jan 11, 10:47 am, use...@postinghost.com wrote:
> Now that I saw SPARK is the only AdaCore freebie available for the SPARC
> platform I am looking for information on the SPARK subset. Can some kind
> soul please direct me to the language reference manual or whatever they're
> calling it. I searched a bit and didn't find anything that looks like an
> LRM, just some proprietary documents and I don't understand what I am
> looking at. Thanks.

The documentation is available from AdaCore's "Live Docs" site. See
"SPARK Documentation" >> "Browse Online" near the bottom of
http://www.adacore.com/category/developers-center/reference-library/documentation/

* Re: SPARK documentation?
@ 2012-01-12  6:18   ` usenet
From: usenet @ 2012-01-12  6:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2012-01-11, Jeffrey Carter <spam.jrcarter.not@spam.not.acm.org> wrote:

> Note that SPARK is a collection of tools for static analysis of code. SPARK GPL
> does not include a compiler.

I didn't understand what SPARK is. I thought it was a subset dialect. Sounds
as if I really need the documentation after all :-) Thanks for your comment.

* Re: SPARK documentation?
@ 2012-01-12  6:19   ` usenet
From: usenet @ 2012-01-12  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2012-01-11, Georg Bauhaus <rm.dash-bauhaus@futureapps.de> wrote:
> On 11.01.12 16:47, usenet@postinghost.com wrote:
>> Now that I saw SPARK is the only AdaCore freebie available for the SPARC
>> platform I am looking for information on the SPARK subset. Can some kind
>> soul please direct me to the language reference manual or whatever they're
>> calling it. I searched a bit and didn't find anything that looks like an
>> LRM, just some proprietary documents and I don't understand what I am
>> looking at. Thanks.
>
> The language reference and other material lives in a subdirectory
> of the SPARK installation. Might be HTML documents, or PDF files.
> For example,
> $ ls -1 /opt/GNAT2011/docs/HTML/*LRM*
> /opt/GNAT2011/docs/HTML/SPARK83_LRM.htm
> /opt/GNAT2011/docs/HTML/SPARK_LRM.htm
> $

Thanks. That explains things further since there is no GNAT GPL for SPARC,
there is also no doc for SPARK although the SPARK package is downloadable
from libre.adacore.com. Very odd...

* Re: SPARK documentation?
@ 2012-01-12  6:20   ` usenet
From: usenet @ 2012-01-12  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2012-01-12, Britt <britt.snodgrass@gmail.com> wrote:

> The documentation is available from AdaCore's "Live Docs" site. See
> "SPARK Documentation" >> "Browse Online" near the bottom of
> http://www.adacore.com/category/developers-center/reference-library/documentation/

Thank you!