* ACATS licence?
@ 2011-11-28 16:40 Natasha Kerensikova
From: Natasha Kerensikova @ 2011-11-28 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I have written a package whose interface mimics that of
Unbounded_String, in order to be a drop-in replacement (except for a few
adaptations, like To_Unbounded_String).

So I thought it would be a good idea to copy ACATS tests that involve
Unbounded_String (i.e. cxa4010, cxa4011, cxa4030, cxa4031 and cxa4032)
as a test suite for my package.

Even though the testing code has been completely written by me (I mean
my fingers typing on my keyboard) and adapter to my (light) testing
framework, I probably depend on the licencing terms of the original
ACATS code.

However I have been unable to find anything looking like a code
licence. Have I missed something? Or does it mean I cannot publish my
test suite and have to either come up with a new set of tests or publish
the package without tests?

Thanks for your insights,
Natasha

* Re: ACATS licence?
@ 2011-11-28 20:15 ` Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)
From: Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57) @ 2011-11-28 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le Mon, 28 Nov 2011 17:40:39 +0100, Natasha Kerensikova
<lithiumcat@gmail.com> a écrit:
> I probably depend on the licencing terms of the original
> ACATS code.
>
> However I have been unable to find anything looking like a code
> licence.
Don't know neither, and that's an interesting question. May be a request
by mail ?

http://www.ada-auth.org/acats.html
says:
> Informal comments and questions on the ACATS should be sentto the ACAA
> Technical Agent, agent@ada-auth.org.

[1]: [Epigrams on Programming — Alan J. — P. Yale University]

* Re: ACATS licence?
@ 2011-11-28 21:33 ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2011-11-28 21:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Natasha Kerensikova <lithiumcat@gmail.com> writes:

> However I have been unable to find anything looking like a code
> licence. Have I missed something? Or does it mean I cannot publish my
> test suite and have to either come up with a new set of tests or
> publish the package without tests?

The start of cxa4010.a (as held in the GCC SVN repo) starts

--                             Grant of Unlimited Rights
--
--     Under contracts F33600-87-D-0337, F33600-84-D-0280, MDA903-79-C-0687,
--     F08630-91-C-0015, and DCA100-97-D-0025, the U.S. Government obtained

which sounds pretty permissive to me! We are now used to seeing a file
COPYING or similar, of course.

* Re: ACATS licence?
@ 2011-11-29 13:11   ` Natasha Kerensikova
From: Natasha Kerensikova @ 2011-11-29 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2011-11-28, Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org> wrote:
> Natasha Kerensikova <lithiumcat@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> However I have been unable to find anything looking like a code
>> licence. Have I missed something? Or does it mean I cannot publish my
>> test suite and have to either come up with a new set of tests or
>> publish the package without tests?
>
> The start of cxa4010.a (as held in the GCC SVN repo) starts

So I really did miss something, and something obvious on top of that.
Thanks a lot for pointing it to me.

Natasha