From: Colin Paul Gloster <Colin_Paul_Gloster@ACM.org>
Subject: Re: SI Units - has Ada missed the boat?
Date: 24 Jul 2007 09:59:32 GMT
Date: 2007-07-24T09:59:32+00:00	[thread overview]

On 2007-07-23, Georg Bauhaus <bauhaus+rm.tsoh@maps.futureapps.de>
wrote:

|------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|"[..]                                                                   |
| In fact, I think that many problems in programming                     |
| with number types have origins in the tempting                         |
| similarity of ASCII symbols for computer arithmetic                    |
| and mathematical expressions on paper.                                 |

You are too kind. Within the last twelve months, it was revealed in a
two part article in "C Vu" in which given answers to a programming
quiz conducted at a recent conference of the Association of C & C++
Users were summarized, that many (a minority, but still many)
programmers were unaware that * has higher precedence than binary +. I
am not kidding.

Sincerely,
Colin Paul Gloster