From: Jerome Hugues <hugues@antigone.enst.fr>
Subject: Re: CORBA Ada bindings
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 11:49:41 +0000 (UTC)
Date: 2007-01-08T11:49:41+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <pan.2007.01.06.23.51.45.673542@linuxchip.demon.co.uk.uk.uk>, Dr. Adrian Wrigley wrote:

> Hmmm.  I tried using PolyORB too, when I was having Annex E problems
> with Glade.  I couldn't understand how to recode my application to
> use CORBA with PolyORB.  Is there a *really* simple HOWTO for people
> starting out with this technology?  It looked like a lot of work!

It is CORBA, so the prerequisite is to know a little bit of
CORBA. Then, there is a description of a basic echo program in the
User's Guide (in addition to what Martin wrote on wikipedia); and
several examples in the code.

Of course, the documentation could be extended, but only on the basis
of knowing the exact need you have. "simple" is hard to define. So
please, ask questions on appropriate mailing lists to discuss the
topics that require clarifications.

> I had hoped that PolyORB would compile and run my Annex E application,
> but the dsa personality appeared not to be included in a form which
> would build with GNAT GPL 2006.

Because it is not yet released.

--
Jerome