From: Anonymous Coward <spam@spam.com>
Subject: Re: Debugger for GNAT
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 00:17:01 GMT
Date: 2005-11-20T00:17:01+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <1132444533.17109.3.camel@sonnenregen>, Georg Bauhaus wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-11-19 at 15:39 +0000, Anonymous Coward wrote:
>> Regarding this discussion as to whether GDB is robust, I've
>> encountered many problems with GDB, many of which I believe are not
>> user errors.
>
> Results will likely improve when you use a GDB that has
> been make aware of Ada.

Thanks for the tip.  The problems I've observed were on an
installation that was Ada aware, but I just tried to reproduce those
problems on a non-Ada aware GDB, and the error I posted was produced.
I'll have to upgrade this RedHat 9 installation to include the Ada
aware version so I can get down to the real problems that I found on
the Ada aware GDB.

One such problem is that the "finish" command does not work.  I had a
function that returned a float constrained to -1.0 to 1.0.  The
"finish" command incorrectly reported the function to return -1.999xxx
when it actually returned 0.89xxx.  So the "finish" command cannot be
trusted on version 2.8.1.  I'll try to isolate that code into a small
demonstration, which I will post if someone wants to see it.

Or does someone know if this is a known problem that may have been
fixed?