* Compiler bug or illegal code for entry_family?
@ 2004-03-31 10:38 Lutz Donnerhacke
From: Lutz Donnerhacke @ 2004-03-31 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

procedure gnat_gigi_116 is
   type Entries is range 1 .. 16;

   protected type X is
      entry Call(Entries);
   end X;

   protected body X is
      entry Call(for e in Entries)
      when True is
        i : Entries := e;
      begin
        null;
      end Call;
   end X;
begin
   null;
end gnat_gigi_116;

\f
gcc -c gnat_gigi_116.adb
+===========================GNAT BUG DETECTED==============================+
| 3.3.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Gigi abort, Code=116                           |
| Error detected at gnat_gigi_116.adb:11:24                                |
| Please submit a bug report; see http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html.            |
| Include the entire contents of this bug box in the report.               |
| Include the exact gcc or gnatmake command that you entered.              |
| Also include sources listed below in gnatchop format                     |
| concatenated together with no headers between files.                     |
+==========================================================================+

Please include these source files with error report

gnat_gigi_116.adb

compilation abandoned
gnatmake: "gnat_gigi_116.adb" compilation error
\f
Should I submit a bug report or fix my code?
Obvious fix:
procedure gnat_gigi_116 is
   type Entries is range 1 .. 16;

   protected type X is
      entry Call(Entries)(i : Entries);
   end X;

   protected body X is
      entry Call(for e in Entries)(i : Entries)
      when True is
      begin
        null;
      end Call;
   end X;
begin
   null;
end gnat_gigi_116;

* Re: Compiler bug or illegal code for entry_family?
@ 2004-03-31 11:26 ` Egil H. H�vik
From: Egil H. H�vik @ 2004-03-31 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Lutz Donnerhacke" <lutz@iks-jena.de> wrote in message
> procedure gnat_gigi_116 is

<snip>

> Should I submit a bug report or fix my code?

This is a bug, and has been fixed in newer versions of gnat
(at least in 3.16a1 and 5.01a)

> Obvious fix:

an even more obvious fix:

> procedure gnat_gigi_116 is
>    type Entries is range 1 .. 16;
>
>    protected type X is
        entry Call(Entries);
>    end X;
>
>    protected body X is
        entry Call(for e in Entries)
>       when True is
            i : Entries;
>       begin
            i := e;
>       end Call;
>    end X;
> begin
>    null;
> end gnat_gigi_116;

~egilhh

* Re: Compiler bug or illegal code for entry_family?
@ 2004-03-31 11:34   ` Lutz Donnerhacke
From: Lutz Donnerhacke @ 2004-03-31 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Egil H. H�vik wrote:
>>    protected body X is