* the history of Ada
@ 2004-01-28 21:40 Szymon Guz
From: Szymon Guz @ 2004-01-28 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
where can I find some information about the history of Ada ? I mean the
programmic language, not Ada Byron King.

* Re: the history of Ada
@ 2004-01-28 22:55 ` Jerry Petrey
From: Jerry Petrey @ 2004-01-28 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Szymon Guz wrote:

> Hi,
> where can I find some information about the history of Ada ? I mean the
> programmic language, not Ada Byron King.

Here are just a few sources:

http://www.cs.fit.edu/~ryan/ada/ada-hist.html
http://www.adahome.com/History/
http://www.learnada.com/history.htm
http://archive.adaic.com/pol-hist/

Jerry

-- Jerry Petrey
-- Senior Principal Systems Engineer - Navigation (GPS/INS), Guidance, &
Control
-- Raytheon Missile Systems             - Member Team Ada & Team Forth
-- NOTE: please remove <NOSPAM> in email address to reply

* Re: the history of Ada
@ 2004-01-28 22:57 ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2004-01-28 22:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2004-01-28, Szymon Guz <alpha@skynetSMIECI.VONorg.NOJUSZpl> wrote:
> Hi,
> where can I find some information about the history of Ada ? I mean the
> programmic language, not Ada Byron King.

Some links

http://archive.adaic.com/docs/flyers/history.html

http://unicoi.kennesaw.edu/ase/ase02_01/docs/pol_hist/history/histada.txt

http://www.learnada.com/history.htm

--
"Saving keystrokes is the job of the text editor, not the programming
 language."