* An: ZLib-Ada
@ 2003-12-02  7:28 Dmitriy Anisimkov
From: Dmitriy Anisimkov @ 2003-12-02  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Latest version of the popular compression/decompression library
ZLib v 1.2.1 contains thick Ada binding in the contrib/ada folder.

http://www.zlib.org

* Re: An: ZLib-Ada
@ 2003-12-03 19:23 ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2003-12-03 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2003-12-02, Dmitriy Anisimkov <anisimkov@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Latest version of the popular compression/decompression library
> ZLib v 1.2.1 contains thick Ada binding in the contrib/ada folder.

Where?

--
"Saving keystrokes is the job of the text editor, not the programming
 language."

* Re: An: ZLib-Ada
@ 2003-12-04 17:58   ` Dmitriy Anisimkov
From: Dmitriy Anisimkov @ 2003-12-04 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Preben Randhol <randhol+valid_for_reply_from_news@pvv.org> wrote in message news:<slrnbsse1p.u4.randhol+valid_for_reply_from_news@k-082107.nt.ntnu.no>...
> On 2003-12-02, Dmitriy Anisimkov <anisimkov@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Latest version of the popular compression/decompression library
> > ZLib v 1.2.1 contains thick Ada binding in the contrib/ada folder.
>
> Where?

Go to the www.zlib.org,

there is a link to download

http://www.gzip.org/zlib/zlib-1.2.1.tar.gz

uncompress it and see to the contrib/ada folder.

Happy reading

* Re: An: ZLib-Ada
@ 2003-12-04 19:20     ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2003-12-04 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dmitriy Anisimkov writes:

> Preben Randhol wrote:
> > On 2003-12-02, Dmitriy Anisimkov wrote:
> > > Latest version of the popular compression/decompression library
> > > ZLib v 1.2.1 contains thick Ada binding in the contrib/ada folder.
> >
> > Where?
>
> Go to the www.zlib.org,
>
> there is a link to download
>
> http://www.gzip.org/zlib/zlib-1.2.1.tar.gz
>
> uncompress it and see to the contrib/ada folder.
>
> Happy reading

Hey Preben, would you care packaging it for Debian?  I see zlib1g-dev
doesn't contain the Ada files.  I envision a static *.a library,
*.ali, and *.ad[bs] files in their proper places on my system the next
time I upgrade zlib1g-dev :)

(I already have 11 source packages on my plate, all Ada-related,
otherwise I'd do it myself).

PS. Kudos to Dmitriy for making this binding part of the official
zlib!

--
Ludovic Brenta.

* Re: An: ZLib-Ada
@ 2003-12-04 21:53       ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2003-12-04 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2003-12-04, Ludovic Brenta <ludovic.brenta@insalien.org> wrote:
> Dmitriy Anisimkov writes:
>
>> Preben Randhol wrote:
>> >
>> > Where?
>>
>> Go to the www.zlib.org,
>>
>> there is a link to download
>>
>> http://www.gzip.org/zlib/zlib-1.2.1.tar.gz
>>
>> uncompress it and see to the contrib/ada folder.

Ah I see. I was looking at the contrib link on this web pages.

> Hey Preben, would you care packaging it for Debian?  I see zlib1g-dev
> doesn't contain the Ada files.  I envision a static *.a library,
> *.ali, and *.ad[bs] files in their proper places on my system the next
> time I upgrade zlib1g-dev :)

Yes, but unfortunately I don't have time this year. My PhD defence is in
2 weeks.

> (I already have 11 source packages on my plate, all Ada-related,
> otherwise I'd do it myself).

Yes and you are doing a great job!

> PS. Kudos to Dmitriy for making this binding part of the official
> zlib!

Yes, this was what surprised me. I thought I had to look for a seperate
file to get the ada version. :-)