* RE: MAC address with Win32 bindings.
@ 2003-11-10 17:58 Beard, Frank Randolph CIV
From: Beard, Frank Randolph CIV @ 2003-11-10 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Wright [mailto:simon@pushface.org]

> People in this newsgroup tend to get agitated when the language is
> spelt ADA instead of Ada (ADA => Americans with Disabilities Act or
    ^

What does wheat have to do with the spelling of Ada?  ;-)

I remember when this was considered the incorrect spelling of "spelled".
IIRC, this became accepted because it was misspelled for so long, like
some other words in American English.

Can I dare dream of the day when ADA becomes an accepted spelling of Ada
because it is so commonly misspelled on a large scale because of it's
widespread usage? ;-)  Of course, if they can't get the name of the
language right, their code may be a little suspect as well.

And no, I'm not advocating spelling it incorrectly.  I don't like it
either.

Frank

* Mac address with Win32 bindings.
@ 2003-11-08 17:15 Alex Xela
From: Alex Xela @ 2003-11-08 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I 'm looking for some Ada stuff to get the Mac Address under WindowsNT/XP
(using bindingWin32 -> function Win32.Nb30.Netbios())

I tried in vain to write it, but honestly, I'm not a win32 API guru......

Thanks.

Alex.