* GtkAda 2.2.0 and GLADE
@ 2003-08-03 10:52 Michaell Erdmann
From: Michaell Erdmann @ 2003-08-03 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo,

does any body know what the status of the GLADE GUI Builder
and Ada 95 + GtkAda is. It seems there is no more gate program
available which is able to generate code out of the GLADE
project file?

Michael

* Re: GtkAda 2.2.0 and GLADE
@ 2003-08-03 13:30 ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2003-08-03 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: gtkada

Michaell Erdmann <michael.erdmann@snafu.de> writes:

> Hallo,
>
> does any body know what the status of the GLADE GUI Builder
> and Ada 95 + GtkAda is. It seems there is no more gate program
> available which is able to generate code out of the GLADE
> project file?
>
> Michael

Yes, gate is still there, but (at least in Debian GNU/Linux), glade
does not have a GUI to call gate.

PS. I'm copying the GtkAda mailing list, where this discussion should
take place.

--
Ludovic Brenta.

* Re: GtkAda 2.2.0 and GLADE
@ 2003-08-03 13:54 ` Adrian Knoth
From: Adrian Knoth @ 2003-08-03 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michaell Erdmann <michael.erdmann@snafu.de> wrote:

> does any body know what the status of the GLADE GUI Builder
> and Ada 95 + GtkAda is.

It is working fine with glade2.0 and GtkAda-2.0, like Preben
has written it to you by mail.

You're sure that your first name is Michaell, with two 'l'?

--
mail: adi@thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP: v2-key via keyserver

In A World Without Fences Who Needs Gates?

* Re: GtkAda 2.2.0 and GLADE
@ 2003-08-03 14:06   ` Adrian Knoth
From: Adrian Knoth @ 2003-08-03 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ludovic Brenta <ludovic.brenta@insalien.org> wrote:

> Yes, gate is still there, but (at least in Debian GNU/Linux), glade
> does not have a GUI to call gate.

I've built glade from source but the Ada95-language option is
missing, too. I'm not sure why this, even the object-code has a member
pointing to Ada95:

adi@drcomp:~$ nm $(which glade) | grep "ada95"
08073230 t glade_project_write_ada95_source

> PS. I'm copying the GtkAda mailing list, where this discussion should
> take place.

Not really. Michael(l) should at least read his mails, because Preben
has already answered him yesterday.

--
mail: adi@thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP: v2-key via keyserver

Wenn einer erst mal umf�llt, steht er nicht mehr gut da.

* Re: GtkAda 2.2.0 and GLADE
@ 2003-08-03 15:51     ` Michael Erdmann
From: Michael Erdmann @ 2003-08-03 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: adi

Adrian Knoth wrote:
> Ludovic Brenta <ludovic.brenta@insalien.org> wrote:
>

> Not really. Michael(l) should at least read his mails, because Preben
> has already answered him yesterday.

I am realy sorry, but i got no mail!

Michael

* Re: GtkAda 2.2.0 and GLADE
@ 2003-08-03 16:33       ` Adrian Knoth
From: Adrian Knoth @ 2003-08-03 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael Erdmann <michael.erdmann@snafu.de> wrote:

>> Not really. Michael(l) should at least read his mails, because Preben
>> has already answered him yesterday.
> I am realy sorry, but i got no mail!

He answered to the gtkada-mailinglist. I guess you're not subscribed.

I've just bounced Preben's mail to you :)

FYI: I'm glad to see GNADE is compiling fine. I've taken a look at it
     a year ago and compilation failed every time. If I'll find some
     time I'll recode my pgsql-application to GNADE. This is the
     abstraction which is needed for realworld problems. Thanks for your
     work.

BTW: Es ist immer wieder erheiternd, wenn sich zwei Muttersprachler
     in einer anderen Sprache unterhalten und alle Beteiligten es
     aus lauter Gewohnheit als normal empfinden :)

--
mail: adi@thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP: v2-key via keyserver

Das Leben unertraeglich war, drum rauchte er nur Atika.

* Re: GtkAda 2.2.0 and GLADE
@ 2003-08-03 22:59     ` Jerry van Dijk
From: Jerry van Dijk @ 2003-08-03 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Adrian Knoth <adi@drcomp.erfurt.thur.de> writes:

> I've built glade from source but the Ada95-language option is
> missing, too. I'm not sure why this, even the object-code has a member
> pointing to Ada95:

Note that in the GtkAda 2.0.0 contrib directory there is a patch for
glade-2.0.0 to enable Ada code generation.

--
--  Jerry van Dijk   | email: jvandyk@attglobal.net
--  Leiden, Holland  | web:   users.ncrvnet.nl/gmvdijk

* Re: GtkAda 2.2.0 and GLADE
@ 2003-08-04  9:37 ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2003-08-04  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michaell Erdmann wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> does any body know what the status of the GLADE GUI Builder
> and Ada 95 + GtkAda is. It seems there is no more gate program
> available which is able to generate code out of the GLADE
> project file?

It works without any problem. You'll need glade-2 and you run gate
manually. You cannot use old glade files without using a script to
port them to the glade 2 xml version.

Which OS do you use?

--
Ada95 is good for you.
http://www.crystalcode.com/codemage/MainMenu/Coding/Ada/IntroducingAda.php

* Re: GtkAda 2.2.0 and GLADE
@ 2003-08-04 11:18       ` Adrian Knoth
From: Adrian Knoth @ 2003-08-04 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jerry van Dijk <jvandyk@attglobal.net> wrote:

>> I've built glade from source but the Ada95-language option is
>> missing, too.
> Note that in the GtkAda 2.0.0 contrib directory there is a patch for
> glade-2.0.0 to enable Ada code generation.

Thanks, it works fine now. I have to add this patch exists in GtkAda-2.2.x,
too :)

--
mail: adi@thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP: v2-key via keyserver

Nur wer die Arbeit kennt, wei� was ich meide

* Re: GtkAda 2.2.0 and GLADE
@ 2003-08-09  6:38   ` Michael Erdmann
From: Michael Erdmann @ 2003-08-09  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Preben Randhol wrote:

> Michaell Erdmann wrote:
>> Hallo,
>>
>> does any body know what the status of the GLADE GUI Builder
>> and Ada 95 + GtkAda is. It seems there is no more gate program
>> available which is able to generate code out of the GLADE
>> project file?
>
> It works without any problem. You'll need glade-2 and you run gate
> manually. You cannot use old glade files without using a script to
> port them to the glade 2 xml version.
>
> Which OS do you use?

Thanks to all, now it seems to works fine on my Linux box. The only bad
thing is that testgtk does not build correctly.

nade@boavista:~/GtkAda-2.2.0/testgtk> make
-------------------------------------
gnatmake -g -O2 -gnata -gnatws testgtk `gtkada-config`
-------------------------------------
gnatbind -aO./ -aO../src -aO../src/opengl -aOopengl -I- -x testgtk.ali
gnatlink -g -L../src -L../src/opengl -lgtkada -Wl,--export-dynamic
-L/usr/local/lib -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -latk-1.0 -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lm
-lpangoxft-1.0 -lpangox-1.0 -lpango-1.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -ldl
-lglib-2.0 lw.o -lGLU -lGL testgtk.ali
/usr/local/lib/libgtkada-2.0.so.0: undefined reference to
`system__val_bool__value_boolean'
gnatlink: cannot call /usr/gnat/bin/gcc
gnatmake: *** link failed.

* Re: GtkAda 2.2.0 and GLADE
@ 2003-08-10  9:26     ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2003-08-10  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael Erdmann wrote:
> Thanks to all, now it seems to works fine on my Linux box. The only bad
> thing is that testgtk does not build correctly.
>
> nade@boavista:~/GtkAda-2.2.0/testgtk> make
> -------------------------------------
> gnatmake -g -O2 -gnata -gnatws testgtk `gtkada-config`
> -------------------------------------
> gnatbind -aO./ -aO../src -aO../src/opengl -aOopengl -I- -x testgtk.ali
> gnatlink -g -L../src -L../src/opengl -lgtkada -Wl,--export-dynamic
> -L/usr/local/lib -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -latk-1.0 -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lm
> -lpangoxft-1.0 -lpangox-1.0 -lpango-1.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -ldl
> -lglib-2.0 lw.o -lGLU -lGL testgtk.ali
> /usr/local/lib/libgtkada-2.0.so.0: undefined reference to
> `system__val_bool__value_boolean'
> gnatlink: cannot call /usr/gnat/bin/gcc
> gnatmake: *** link failed.

Please subscribe to that gtkada mailinglist. I answered your mail
there.