* GNAT - GCC which version to use?
@ 2003-06-14  0:05 Mark
From: Mark @ 2003-06-14  0:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

I would like to experiment with some Ada code on either Windows or
Linux. Does MingW GCC 3.2 support Ada yet? How about GCC 3.3 on Linux?
We use commercial compilers at work and I haven't kept up with GNAT.

  thanks in advance

* Re: GNAT - GCC which version to use?
@ 2003-06-14 11:05 ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2003-06-14 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mark wrote:
> I would like to experiment with some Ada code on either Windows or
> Linux. Does MingW GCC 3.2 support Ada yet? How about GCC 3.3 on Linux?

Both should have Ada yes. Note however that the porting to the GCC 3.x
backend is not finished and there are still bugs, so you might in stead
want to use Gnat 3.15p in the mean time. You'll find it from here:

   http://libre.act-europe.fr/GNAT/
--
Preben Randhol                    http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/

* Re: GNAT - GCC which version to use?
@ 2003-06-16 13:49   ` Mark
From: Mark @ 2003-06-16 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Preben Randhol <randhol+abuse@pvv.org> wrote in message news:<slrnbem0au.sl.randhol+abuse@kiuk0152.chembio.ntnu.no>...
> Mark wrote:
> > I would like to experiment with some Ada code on either Windows or
> > Linux. Does MingW GCC 3.2 support Ada yet? How about GCC 3.3 on Linux?
>
> Both should have Ada yes. Note however that the porting to the GCC 3.x
> backend is not finished and there are still bugs, so you might in stead
> want to use Gnat 3.15p in the mean time. You'll find it from here:
>
>    http://libre.act-europe.fr/GNAT/

   I need to interface with both C standard library functions and
other C libraries and functions.  Is this doable from Gnat 3.15p?
(Compile C code and Ada code and link together)

* Re: GNAT - GCC which version to use?
@ 2003-06-16 14:15     ` David C. Hoos
From: David C. Hoos @ 2003-06-16 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Mark" <prenom_nomus@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Preben Randhol <randhol+abuse@pvv.org> wrote in message
> > Mark wrote:
> > > I would like to experiment with some Ada code on either Windows or
> > > Linux. Does MingW GCC 3.2 support Ada yet? How about GCC 3.3 on Linux?
> >
> > Both should have Ada yes. Note however that the porting to the GCC 3.x
> > backend is not finished and there are still bugs, so you might in stead
> > want to use Gnat 3.15p in the mean time. You'll find it from here:
> >
> >    http://libre.act-europe.fr/GNAT/
>
>    I need to interface with both C standard library functions and
> other C libraries and functions.  Is this doable from Gnat 3.15p?
Yes.