From: "Eric G. Miller" <felix@calico.local>
Subject: Re: Gnat/Windows float point Q
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 04:24:58 GMT
Date: 2003-04-11T04:24:58+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <U%ola.405441$3D1.219740@sccrnsc01>, tmoran@acm.org wrote:
>> Could this paragraph from the GNAT Reference Manual have any bearing on
>> this problem?
>>
>> 9.31 GNAT.Float_Control (`g-flocon.ads')
> I added a "with" and inserted as the first line after "begin"
>   GNAT.Float_Control.Reset;
> It made no difference.  I'm using Gnat 3.15p on Windows.  Perhaps
> newer versions work differently?  BTW, I note that "-gnato -O2"
> generates somewhat different results - still screwy in the same
> ways, but different.

I tried playing around with your example, but instantiated the generic
complex type with both long and normal floats.  It seemed to make a
difference as the generic versions caused an exception on
abs() (though Im() and Re() both worked returning infinities!).

Mind you, this is with gcc-3.2, which I guess is somewhat different from
the 3.15p release...  (I tried all the various -gnatV switches, to no
effect).

Besides the T'Valid flag, how do you check specifically for or set infinity
or NaN or denormal floating point numbers?

--
echo ">gra.fcw@2ztr< eryyvZ .T pveR" | rot13 | reverse