* Re: Newest Internet Security Pack
       [not found] <mailman.41.1049288747.20696.comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org>
@ 2003-04-02 14:31 ` Frank J. Lhota
From: Frank J. Lhota @ 2003-04-02 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Geez! These guys won't give up, will they? Again, this is not from
Microsoft, and this patch should be quarantined for its virus content. Does
anyone know how to get in touch with the ENST, France people? I would like
them to put a stop to this.

* [OT] Re: Newest Internet Security Pack
@ 2003-04-02 15:19   ` Thomas Wolf
From: Thomas Wolf @ 2003-04-02 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

NOSPAM.lhota.adarose@verizon.net wrote:
> Geez! These guys won't give up, will they? Again, this is not from
> Microsoft, and this patch should be quarantined for its virus content. Does
> anyone know how to get in touch with the ENST, France people? I would like
> them to put a stop to this.

No use. Your best bet is to just ignore it completely. See the following
posting in news.admin.net-abuse.email:

<http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=3f148vgiiui7rvlh1n1hqnedj18060322h%404ax.com>

Besides, it's not just coming from ENST...

Thomas Wolf                          e-mail: t_wolf@angelfire.com

* Re: Newest Internet Security Pack
@ 2003-04-02 15:21   ` Frank
From: Frank @ 2003-04-02 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Perhaps they have an abuse@domain.domain email adress?

Frank

@ 2003-04-02 15:24   ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2003-04-02 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Frank J. Lhota wrote:
> Geez! These guys won't give up, will they? Again, this is not from
> Microsoft, and this patch should be quarantined for its virus content. Does
> anyone know how to get in touch with the ENST, France people? I would like
> them to put a stop to this.

It is a worm. It can come from anybody.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.gibe@mm.html
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.gibe.b@mm.html

Welcome to the new Outlook on the world.

Preonn
One of the GNU generation ;-)

* Re: Newest Internet Security Pack
@ 2003-04-02 15:43     ` Frank J. Lhota
From: Frank J. Lhota @ 2003-04-02 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Preben Randhol" <randhol+news@pvv.org> wrote in message
> It is a worm. It can come from anybody.
>
> http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.gibe@mm.html
> http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.gibe.b@mm.html
>
> Welcome to the new Outlook on the world.
>
> Preonn
> One of the GNU generation ;-)

Thanks for the info. And for the record, my preference would be to work with
a GNU / Linux platform, but many of our clients still want MS Windows.

* Re: Newest Internet Security Pack
@ 2003-04-02 15:44     ` Adrian Knoth
From: Adrian Knoth @ 2003-04-02 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Preben Randhol <randhol+news@pvv.org> wrote:

> It is a worm. It can come from anybody.

Not from me. :) Hey Egil, what's about your Ogg-Vorbis-checkin? :)

> Welcome to the new Outlook on the world.

Outlook is the first program a responsible user should remove from his
Windows-system (sure removing windows will also suffice)

--
mail: adi@thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP: v2-key via keyserver

Selbst i�t der Mann!