* Code 'goodness' tools
@ 2003-03-04 20:29 Arthur I Schwarz
From: Arthur I Schwarz @ 2003-03-04 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

I'm looking for some maintenance tools which can identify source code which
should be modified to make them more maintainable. Amongst the tools sought
are those with Cyclomatic Complexity and Essential Complexity, but there
might be others that would be as, or more, suitable.

This is a short duration effort in which I'm charged with looking at 100k
SLOC. Free is good. Shareware is good. Purchasable is no good because there
isn't enough time for a PO to be cut. (I know about McCabe Associates and
have downloaded jGrasp.)

art

* Re: Code 'goodness' tools
@ 2003-03-06 12:21 ` Stuart Palin
From: Stuart Palin @ 2003-03-06 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Arthur I Schwarz wrote:

> I'm looking for some maintenance tools which can identify source code which
> should be modified to make them more maintainable. Amongst the tools sought
> are those with Cyclomatic Complexity and Essential Complexity, but there
> might be others that would be as, or more, suitable.
>
> This is a short duration effort in which I'm charged with looking at 100k
> SLOC. Free is good. Shareware is good. Purchasable is no good because there
> isn't enough time for a PO to be cut. (I know about McCabe Associates and
> have downloaded jGrasp.)

Try looking for the ASAP tools, which I think used to be
held in the PAL.

(Sorry - I do not have URL's to hand!)

[ASAP => Ada Static Source Code Analyzer Program
 PAL  => Public Access Library (Ada Software Repository)]
--
Stuart Palin
Principal Software Engineer

* Re: Code 'goodness' tools
@ 2003-03-06 12:26   ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2003-03-06 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stuart Palin wrote:

> Try looking for the ASAP tools, which I think used to be
> held in the PAL.
>
> (Sorry - I do not have URL's to hand!)

> [ASAP => Ada Static Source Code Analyzer Program
>  PAL  => Public Access Library (Ada Software Repository)]

--
 ()   Join the worldwide campaign to protect fundamental human rights.
'||}