* GNAT programming System IDE
@ 2003-02-10 13:14 Tony Matthews
From: Tony Matthews @ 2003-02-10 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

WOW!  Not having lurked here for a little while I've just caught up and was
most impressed with the GPS (Jeeps?)initiative.

This product seems to be very similar in functionality to Rational Apex,
which I used fairly extensively until our site was closed down. :(

The GPS product details screenshots even show explicit support for the
*.1.ada and *.2.ada file naming conventions that Apex uses, presumably to
simplify migration from Apex to GPS (Jeeps?).

Amongst all the goodies planned for GPS, is there any intention to also
integrate a GTK GUI builder?

Also, can anyone confirm whether there are any plans to release a public
version of GPS. I don't need to know when, (though that would be nice) but I
would like to know whether there is an intention for it to happen.

Tony

To reply by e-mail, remove SpamJam from my address
--  --
8<  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --
--  --  --  --  --

* Re: GNAT programming System IDE
@ 2003-02-11 14:30 ` Steve
From: Steve @ 2003-02-11 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Tony Matthews" <tony.matthews@SpamJam.ds-s.com> wrote in message
[snip]
> Also, can anyone confirm whether there are any plans to release a public
> version of GPS. I don't need to know when, (though that would be nice) but
> would like to know whether there is an intention for it to happen.

If you search the cla archives I think you'll find the answer to this
question is "yes".  The question of "when" is quite another matter.

Steve
(The Duck)

@ 2003-02-12 10:20   ` Tony Matthews
From: Tony Matthews @ 2003-02-12 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Steve" <nospam_steved94@attbi.com> wrote in message

> If you search the cla archives I think you'll find the answer to this
> question is "yes".  The question of "when" is quite another matter.
>
> Steve
> (The Duck)

A did as you suggested last night.

I didn't realise that there had already been so much discussion on this
subject last year. I guess I missed it as much of it was going on at about
the time our site was being shut down, so I had other things on my mind.

A lot of the talk was about the possibility of a public release being made
4Q 2002. Anyone care to comment further?

Tony

--

@ 2003-02-12 10:56     ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2003-02-12 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tony Matthews wrote:
> A lot of the talk was about the possibility of a public release being made
> 4Q 2002. Anyone care to comment further?

not public, but for those who buy support.

--
Preben Randhol ---------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent", Isaac Asimov