From: Colin_Paul_Gloster@ACM.org (Colin Paul Gloster)
Subject: Re: Idea: use JGNAT for memory debugging?
Date: 05 Feb 2003 10:32:06 GMT
Date: 2003-02-05T10:32:06+00:00	[thread overview]

In news:3e40b4ae$0$344$bed64819@news.gradwell.net , Victor Porton wrote:
"I have a problem with an Ada program, which is possibly access to a
dangling reference (e.g. after Unchecked_Deallocation).

Do I guess rightly that JGNAT (as opposed to normal Gnat) will detect
this problem for me?"

I doubt it. JGNAT targets a Java Virtual Machine, so its output is
bytecode instead of real native machine code. What you give it is still
regular Ada code, though the JVM's behavior would probably include garbage
collection.

"Is JGNAT free?

[..]"

Yes, but no longer in development.