From: Fernando Arbeiza <arbeizaf@ono.com>
Subject: Re: Ada and LFS (was : error building gcc 3.2.1)
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 00:22:15 +0100
Date: 2003-02-01T00:22:15+01:00	[thread overview]

Hi:

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 15:49:25 -0600, sk <sk@noname.com> wrote:
> a) Start from chapter 5 with Ada enabled (and GNAT
> available from the build host).
>
> b) Install CNAT in chapter 6 prior to building gcc
> with Ada enabled.
>
> c) Ignore Ada and build the whole LFS, insall GNAT
> and then re-build gcc
>
> It would appear that option "c" is the one chosen
> by the blfs approach and yourselves ?

Well, it is the option chosen by the blfs book. But I have decided to
choose the option a.

Then, after installing gcc with Ada enabled in chapter 5, you don't need
the precompiled Gnat (and you won't need it to build the next LFS
system).

I have succeeded in building gcc with Ada enabled in chapter 5. I have
not begun with chapter 6 yet but I don't expect any problems.

Regards,
--
Fernando Arbeiza        <URL: mailto:arbeizaf@ono.com>
Crea tu propio Linux:   <URL: http://www.escomposlinux.org/lfs-es>