From: "Eric G. Miller" <felix@calico.local>
Subject: Re: TASH and gcc-3.2 -- no selector Obj for type Tash_List ...
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 00:19:23 GMT
Date: 2003-01-20T00:19:23+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <uhec586th.fsf@wanadoo.fr>, Pascal Obry wrote:

>> Well, a Tash_List is a new Tash_Object which has a private member Obj
>> which should be visible in child packages of Tash...
>>
>> Did I miss anything?
>
> Obj is not visible from child package TASH.Arrays. So Set_Element can't
> access it.

Errm, Is this because Tash.Arrays is a child of Tash, not Tash.Lists?

I have changed tash-arrays.adb to "with" both Tash and Tash.Lists
explicitly w/ no change.

Hmm, is this a correct "cast":

      Listv(2) := List_Object'Class(Value).Obj;

It seems to move the compilation on... I didn't figure you could cast to
an abstract class object... But, I still get a bunch of elaboration
errors and "may raise Program_Error" warnings.  Doesn't exactly make me
confident that the package would work even if it did compile...

I thought others were using this Tcl/Tk binding. For instace, that A#
announcement I've seen here...

--
echo ">gra.fcw@2ztr< eryyvZ .T pveR" | rot13 | reverse