From: Preben Randhol <randhol+news@pvv.org>
Subject: Re: HTML parser in Ada ?
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 16:06:35 +0000 (UTC)
Date: 2002-11-15T16:06:35+00:00	[thread overview]

Gautier direct_replies_not_read wrote:
> Is there somewhere Ada source(s) for an (ideally simple) HTML
> parser ? - Before I reinvent the wheel...

If you are not making something that is aimed to read the web-pages on
the net, please make something that reads XHTML only or that it follows
the HTML DTD strictly and rejects all faulty pages. Trying to make
something that can read web-pages is very difficult and your
application gets very error-prone. Most web-pages out there are broken
and does not use propper HTML. So if you want to display the pages
correctly then you have to make a lot of exceptions to the HTML DTD.

Hmm, think is it time I validate my own web-pages again. :-)

It would be great with a (X)HTML engine that does not crash though.

After two months they will start sending you viruses so you will
pay I guess ;-)

Resistance is futile.

After learning that simple javascript on a page can get IE to delete all
your files, I pull out the network cable when I have to use Windows for
something.

--
Preben Randhol ------------------------ http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
�There are three things you can do to a woman. You can love her, suffer