From: Preben Randhol <randhol+news@pvv.org>
Subject: Re: A little database
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 09:31:04 +0000 (UTC)
Date: 2002-11-15T09:31:04+00:00	[thread overview]

Victor Porton wrote:
> I want to keep a little database (containing information about several
> Web sites) on the disk.
>
> It is desirable (but not necessary) to have the file format
> portable among platforms and compilers (however I use only GNAT).
>
> In your opinion, All, should I use XML or just 'Read/'Write etc.
> attributes? Or may be there are a special Ada library for such small
> databases in disk files?
>
> Well, the database shall be editable by the user with my GUI.

You can use the XML/Ada library : http://libre.act-europe.fr/xmlada/

And if you make a nice GtkAda widget for dealing with editing a general
XML file and share it with the rest of use we would be very happy :-)

I guess you don't have to use XML, but there are many tools that deal
with XML that can be nice to use. It depends really on how much data and
how structured you need this data to be.

--
Preben Randhol ------------------------ http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
�There are three things you can do to a woman. You can love her, suffer