* Asis Queries and Element_LIsts
@ 2002-07-02 22:19 John M. Resler
From: John M. Resler @ 2002-07-02 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am slowly working upon an ASIS based application at work that is
intended to do several things. Part of one of the requirements is that
I obtain an Element_List from the environment but I find only two
functions that return Element_Lists and they are not the methods I wish.
I have searched with Grep for functions that return Element_Lists, is
there a procedure that takes an Element_List and fills it with the
associated elements from the environment so that I can analyzed the
elements of the array? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

John

* Re: Asis Queries and Element_LIsts
@ 2002-07-03 11:11 ` Colin Paul Gloster
From: Colin Paul Gloster @ 2002-07-03 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article news:3D222804.2070609@cox.net , John M. Resler wrote:
"I am slowly working upon an ASIS based application at work that is
intended to do several things. Part of one of the requirements is that
I obtain an Element_List from the environment but I find only two
functions that return Element_Lists and they are not the methods I wish.
I have searched with Grep for functions that return Element_Lists, is
there a procedure that takes an Element_List and fills it with the
associated elements from the environment so that I can analyzed the
elements of the array? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

John"

Perhaps if you check the ASIS documentation (270 Francs from ISO,
HTTP://WWW.ISO.Ch/iso/en/CatalogueDetailPage.CatalogueDetail?CSNUMBER=27169&ICS1=35&ICS2=60&ICS3= )
the functionality you require may be found. Otherwise you could join and
ask on the technical ASIS email list instead of asking on this Ada (as in
Ada itself) forum.

In April and May, it was commented on the list <SIGADA-ASIS-TECH@ACM.ORG>
that ASIS is too low-level, and it is advisable to consolidate libraries
built on top of ASIS for higher level requests. Dubbed "secondary
libraries" you can find an explanation at
HTTP://WWW.ACM.org/sigada/WG/asiswg/ASISWG_Results.html#Secondary_Library
but alas there is no archive to the mailing list unless you were already
subscribed.

Some such libraries include
http://home.attbi.com/~kweb/ASIS/asis.html
and
HTTP://WWW.ACM.org/sigada/WG/asiswg/ASIS_Clients.html#Blake .

Regards.