From: Preben Randhol <randhol+abuse@pvv.org>
Subject: Re: Neat and tidy solution to following problem?
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 19:17:50 +0000 (UTC)
Date: 2002-05-07T19:17:50+00:00	[thread overview]

On Tue, 7 May 2002 19:24:27 +0100, chris.danx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As part of an assignment we have to split text up into words, and check if
> they're in a document.  I'm ok with the assignment I just wondered if there
> was an Ada like equivalent to tuples that didn't involve defining an
> explicit record type (say word_and_remaining type)?  We did a similar task
> in Haskell and by passing out more than one item of different types as a
> single item was very tidy and easy (see below).

I'm not sure I understand your question as I don't know Haskell and
cannot understand the code. But if you have your whole text in a
string why don't you find the beginning and end position of the words
and then scan the document for them? But probably I'm talking about
something different :-)

Preben