From: Preben Randhol <randhol+abuse@pvv.org>
Subject: Re: Ada on NT
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 15:15:45 +0000 (UTC)
Date: 2001-11-22T15:15:45+00:00	[thread overview]

On Thu, 22 Nov 2001 14:52:21 +0100, Siegfried Gonzi wrote:

> b) I do not laugh anymore after this installation-nightmare

It is very odd indeed that you describe it as a nightmare. I have never
had problems with installing Gnat and it is very easy.

> But it seems that the Windows version (no, I plan not to start to
> install Linux/BSD; I do not have enough time to foster these
> user-unfriendly systems) impedes my plan:

Well they are more userfriendly than Sun OS.

> Question 2: I want to make the hello-world example

Yes. Did you:

1. Install AdaGide
2. Read the GNAT User Guide? In the beginning there is a hello world example.

To give you a very quick start:

write this (below) in a file called: helloworld.adb

-----------------------------
with Text_IO; use Text_IO;

procedure Helloworld is
begin
   Put_Line ("Hello World!");
end Helloworld;
-----------------------------

then simply run: gnatmake helloworld
now you can run the helloworld program.

> Question 3: It seems before question 2 can be performed I have to
> build Ada for NT,

No

And please, as a beginner be more humble, perhaps it is your ignorance
and not the rest of the world that is the problem!

Preben
--
 ()   Join the worldwide campaign to protect fundamental human rights.
'||}