* [OT] highlighter for ConTEXT
@ 2001-11-05 12:39 chris.danx
From: chris.danx @ 2001-11-05 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

The ConTEXT lacked a highlighter for Ada 95, (you couldn't get one at the
site) so I've created one (it's not rocket science).  Before it is submitted
I'd like to know if anyone who uses (or might use) ConTEXT has any
suggestions.  I've checked as much as possible that all the reserved words
are in there but maybe there are some I forgot to include.  If there is let
me know.

It is attached and also follows this post.  I thought about highlighting
standard types, but that maybe more trouble than it's worth.  Any thoughts?

Regards,
Chris

//
//
// Ada 95 highlighter file by Danx (willowpl@hotmail.com)
//
//

Language:               Ada 95
Filter:                 Ada 95 files (*.ads,*.adb)|*.ads;*.adb
HelpFile:
CaseSensitive:          0
LineComment:            --
BlockCommentBeg:
BlockCommentEnd:
IdentifierBegChars:     a..z A..Z
IdentifierChars:        a..z A..Z _ 0..9
NumConstBegChars:       # 0..9
NumConstChars:          0..9 abcdefABCDEF
EscapeChar:
KeyWords1:              abort abs abstract accept access aliased all and
array
                        at begin
                        body case constant declare delay delta digits do
else
                        elsif end entry exception exit for function generic
                        goto if in is limited loop mod new null
                        of or others out package pragma private procedure
protected
                        raise range record rem renames requeue
                        return reverse select separate subtype tagged task
then type
                        until use when while with xor

KeyWords2:

KeyWords3:

StringBegChar:          "
StringEndChar:          "
MultilineStrings:

UsePreprocessor:        0
CurrLineHighlighted:    0
SpaceCol:               clWindowText clWindow
Keyword1Col:            clBlue clWindow
Keyword2Col:            clMaroon clWindow
Keyword3Col:            clBlue clWindow
IdentifierCol:          clWindowText clWindow
CommentCol:             clRed clWindow
NumberCol:              clFuchsia clWindow
StringCol:              clTeal clWindow
SymbolCol:              clGray clWindow
PreprocessorCol:        clBlue clWindow
SelectionCol:           clWhite clNavy
CurrentLineCol:         clBlack clYellow

[-- Attachment #2: Ada 95.chl --]

//

* Re: [OT] highlighter for ConTEXT
@ 2001-11-05 15:12 ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2001-11-05 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 5 Nov 2001 12:39:20 -0000, chris.danx wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The ConTEXT lacked a highlighter for Ada 95, (you couldn't get one at the
> site) so I've created one (it's not rocket science).  Before it is submitted
> I'd like to know if anyone who uses (or might use) ConTEXT has any
> suggestions.  I've checked as much as possible that all the reserved words
> are in there but maybe there are some I forgot to include.  If there is let
> me know.

I assume (after some searching) that it is this program you are talking about?

http://www.fixedsys.com/context/

> It is attached and also follows this post.  I thought about highlighting
> standard types, but that maybe more trouble than it's worth.  Any thoughts?

I use Vim 6.0 and there you can turn on highlighting of the standard
types, but I don't use it and it is not on by default. You must decide
yourself if you want to add it. More info here: http://www.dwheeler.com/vim/

But please upload the highlighting to the ConTEXT site so that you get
Ada on the list of supported languages. Especially as there is about to
come a version 1.0 of the editor. Also ConTEXT look like a nice editor
for Windows environment where I can now (after having to program in
windows) can understand why people ask for IDEs.

It would be nice to make a small page where one can collect useful
programs for developing Ada on different platforms. I mean so that
people can choose which they are most confortable with.

Prehaps templates would also be nice? That is sth I would like to add to
Vim when I can find some time to figure out how to do it :-).

Preben Randhol
--
My favorite editor is Emacs!<ESC>cbVim<ESC>
                                         -- vim best-editor.txt

* Re: [OT] highlighter for ConTEXT
@ 2001-11-05 16:45   ` chris.danx
From: chris.danx @ 2001-11-05 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > Hi,
> >
> > The ConTEXT lacked a highlighter for Ada 95, (you couldn't get one at
the
> > site) so I've created one (it's not rocket science).  Before it is
submitted
> > I'd like to know if anyone who uses (or might use) ConTEXT has any
> > suggestions.  I've checked as much as possible that all the reserved
words
> > are in there but maybe there are some I forgot to include.  If there is
let
> > me know.
>
> I assume (after some searching) that it is this program you are talking
about?

> http://www.fixedsys.com/context/

Yes, sorry about that.

> > It is attached and also follows this post.  I thought about highlighting
> > standard types, but that maybe more trouble than it's worth.  Any
thoughts?

> I use Vim 6.0 and there you can turn on highlighting of the standard
> types, but I don't use it and it is not on by default. You must decide
> yourself if you want to add it. More info here:
http://www.dwheeler.com/vim/

I tried syntax highlighting of standard types today, but it wasn't very
nice.  Too many colours.

> But please upload the highlighting to the ConTEXT site so that you get
> Ada on the list of supported languages.

I'll send it and see what happens.

> Especially as there is about to
> come a version 1.0 of the editor.

Soon 0.97.0 is being released (days).  I don't know the author's planned
release date for 1.00, but hopefully it'll be soon.

> Also ConTEXT look like a nice editor
> for Windows environment where I can now (after having to program in
> windows) can understand why people ask for IDEs.

It is nice, and you can attach commands to keys which is also nice (for
compilation).  Admittedly I haven't done this yet (I'm not used to using
GNAT from command line), but it looks easy enough.

> It would be nice to make a small page where one can collect useful
> programs for developing Ada on different platforms. I mean so that
> people can choose which they are most confortable with.

On Adapower?  Everything else is there, why not this?

> Prehaps templates would also be nice? That is sth I would like to add to
> Vim when I can find some time to figure out how to do it :-).

In most editors I found the templates to be clumsy, but ConTEXT is ok.
Anyway, I've got templates for procedures, functions, packages (both spec
and body), and I'm going to write one for tasks, and protected objects.

Chris

* Re: [OT] highlighter for ConTEXT
@ 2001-11-05 17:21 ` Jeffrey Carter
From: Jeffrey Carter @ 2001-11-05 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

"chris.danx" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The ConTEXT lacked a highlighter for Ada 95, (you couldn't get one at the
> site) so I've created one (it's not rocket science).  Before it is submitted
> I'd like to know if anyone who uses (or might use) ConTEXT has any
> suggestions.  I've checked as much as possible that all the reserved words
> are in there but maybe there are some I forgot to include.  If there is let
> me know.

The complete list of reserved words in Ada is given in ARM 2.9.

While .ads and .adb are the default extensions for GNAT, other compilers
may have other conventions; I have seen .ada and .a and heard of .spc
and .bdy. Projects may have their own naming conventions, and most
compilers (including GNAT) can handle non-default conventions. I doubt
if you can include every possible convention, but I would suggest at
least including .ada.

--
Jeffrey Carter

* Re: [OT] highlighter for ConTEXT
@ 2001-11-16 14:38 ` chris.danx
From: chris.danx @ 2001-11-16 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

The highlighter for ConTEXT (http://www.fixedsys.com/context/) Ada 95 is up!

bye,
Chris

* Re: [OT] highlighter for ConTEXT
@ 2001-11-16 14:44   ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2001-11-16 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 16 Nov 2001 14:38:06 -0000, chris.danx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The highlighter for ConTEXT (http://www.fixedsys.com/context/) Ada 95 is up!

Ah nice!

Preben
--
         "Det eneste trygge stedet i verden er inne i en fortelling."
                                                      -- Athol Fugard