From: gerhard.nospam@bigfoot.de (Gerhard Häring)
Subject: Re: Inexpensive Developer Level Commercial ADA compile
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 02:40:02 +0200
Date: 2001-10-12T02:40:02+02:00	[thread overview]

On Thu, 11 Oct 2001 19:48:40 -0400, Ann S. Brandon <abrandon@sover.net> wrote:
>This is response to Tom Moran's comment on Sunday:
>
>> I asked Google for "Ada Compilers"
>> and got a bunch of stuff, but the first several entries were for very
>> old web pages with antiquated information.
>
>I searched on Google twice on two different computers for Ada compilers
>(not using any quotes) and got, as a first hit, the antiquated Ada Home
>page, and on the second the newest AdaIC Compiler page.
>
>http://www.adaic.org/compilers/
>
>> Eventually I saw
>> directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Programming/Languages/Ada/Compilers
>> and www.acm.org/sigada et al, but someone who didn't already know the
>> answers already would have waded through a lot of unhelpful stuff
>> first.

Yes, *please* do. If Google doesn't allow for "editor feedback", please
go to the same category (replace directory.google.com with dmoz.org) at
dmoz.org and send a short note to the category maintainers. You can skip
the editor ghaering, cos that's me and I am already aware of the quality
problem of the Ada category. But I have almost given up editing in this
category, because the other guy's policies wrt to quality-vs-quantity
seem to be incompatible with mine.

Speaking of which, Adapower does have a list of compilers vendors.

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id 86AB43C0