From: lutz@iks-jena.de (Lutz Donnerhacke)
Subject: Re: A generic list package
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 08:21:50 +0000 (UTC)
Date: 2001-09-20T08:21:50+00:00	[thread overview]

* Simon Wright wrote:

>What makes you think that the order the compiler lays out the record
>is the same as the order you wrote the components in?

The tagged record type to be extened is already finalized. I do not care how
the compiler adds the data structure componds, but (automatic) type
conversions between parent and derivated types become very difficult if the
extension fields are mixed with the parent ones.

In conclusion: I program unportable unless I find the rule in the RM.

--
   Mailbox der letzten vier Wochen kommentarlos in den Orkus getreten.
   Wichtige Anfragen bitte nochmal senden. Unter Angabe von Msg-ID oder