* Problem with glade
@ 2001-07-01  5:11 Adrian Hoe
From: Adrian Hoe @ 2001-07-01  5:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I downloaded a copy of glade-3.11p and when I was trying to compile it
on Intel/Linux (Caldera OpenLinux 2.3) with GNAT-3.11p, it gave a
warning message:

debug.ads:36:06: warning: no entities of "Types" are referenced
gnatmake: "../ada/debug.adb" compilation error

There is no problem when I compiled other units such as ali.adb which
also uses Types.

I could not determine what is the cause of this warning with ARM.

Can someone kindly shed some lights to me?

Thank you.

* Re: Problem with glade
@ 2001-07-01  5:59 ` Gerhard Häring
From: Gerhard Häring @ 2001-07-01  5:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 30 Jun 2001 22:11:25 -0700, Adrian Hoe <byhoe@greenlime.com> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I downloaded a copy of glade-3.11p and when I was trying to compile it
>on Intel/Linux (Caldera OpenLinux 2.3) with GNAT-3.11p, it gave a
>warning message:
>
>debug.ads:36:06: warning: no entities of "Types" are referenced
>gnatmake: "../ada/debug.adb" compilation error
>
>There is no problem when I compiled other units such as ali.adb which
>also uses Types.
>
>I could not determine what is the cause of this warning with ARM.
>
>Can someone kindly shed some lights to me?

May I suggest that you try the GNAT and GLADE RPMs, both version 3.13p, from
http://www.gnuada.org instead? No need to compile GLADE, then.

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://highqualdev.com              public key at homepage

* Re: Problem with glade
@ 2001-07-02 13:20 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2001-07-02 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

byhoe@greenlime.com (Adrian Hoe) writes:

> Hello,
>
> I downloaded a copy of glade-3.11p and when I was trying to compile it
> on Intel/Linux (Caldera OpenLinux 2.3) with GNAT-3.11p, it gave a
> warning message:
>
> debug.ads:36:06: warning: no entities of "Types" are referenced
> gnatmake: "../ada/debug.adb" compilation error
>
> There is no problem when I compiled other units such as ali.adb which
> also uses Types.
>
> I could not determine what is the cause of this warning with ARM.
>
> Can someone kindly shed some lights to me?

This is a friendly message from GNAT, informing you that there is an
unnecessary "with Types" clause in file 'debug.ads'.

Since it is a "warning", not an "error", you can ignore it. Or you can
simply delete the offending "with types", and recompile.

GNAT often adds checks in new versions that find minor inconsistencies
like this in old code; apparently the glade 3.11p release was not
carefully checked with the gnat-3.11p compiler.

--
-- Stephe