* TCP/IP primitives package for Ada95
@ 2001-05-30 22:38 Sebastien Treyvaud
From: Sebastien Treyvaud @ 2001-05-30 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I am searching a package for implement network protocol under Ada95
(if possible TCP/IP) but I haven't found anything yet. I found some
but they were developped for Ada83 and VAX machine...

Have someone an adress where I can download a similar package ?

Thanks in advanced
Sebastien Treyvaud
s.treyvaud@bluewin.ch

* Re: TCP/IP primitives package for Ada95
@ 2001-05-31  7:13 ` tmoran
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: tmoran @ 2001-05-31  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

>I am searching a package for implement network protocol under Ada95
>(if possible TCP/IP) but I haven't found anything yet. I found some
  I seem to recall a paper from someone at a university in Spain,
presented, I think, at the St. Louis TriAda a few years ago.

* Re: TCP/IP primitives package for Ada95
@ 2001-05-31 10:09 ` R. Srinivasan
From: R. Srinivasan @ 2001-05-31 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Quoting from a recent posting :

You can download AWS and the Sockets binding for Win32 directly from:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.obry/contrib.html

@ 2001-05-31 13:05 ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2001-05-31 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3b157525.33621714@news.bluewin.ch>, Sebastien Treyvaud says...
>I am searching a package for implement network protocol under Ada95
>(if possible TCP/IP) but I haven't found anything yet. I found some
>but they were developped for Ada83 and VAX machine...

Some of the responses to this thread have me confused. Are you looking for Ada
bindings to network API calls so that you can make network calls in an Ada
program, or are you looking for an actual implementation of TCP/IP using Ada?

---

* Re: TCP/IP primitives package for Ada95
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2001-05-31 19:25 ` Adrian Knoth
From: Adrian Knoth @ 2001-05-31 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sebastien Treyvaud <sebastien.treyvau@eivd.ch> wrote:

> Hi all,

Hi!

> I am searching a package for implement network protocol under Ada95

Ask Lutz Donnerhacke <lutz@iks-jena.de> about his network stack. I don't
know which state it has reached, but perhaps it is already useful for
your work, especially if you're only looking for an encapsulation
of C's socket().

And now some advertisement for my own project: AdaBill (a billing system
for small companies) is more or less ready to use, but I plan to
expand it. It seems that I'll have some time within the next months,
but I would be glad to have a co-developer. There is also the need to
implement the web-client in PHP.

So if someone is interested you may have a look at adi.thur.de/adabill.html

HTH

--
mail: adi@thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP: v2-key via keyserver

If you think, you're wrong, you might be right!

* Re: TCP/IP primitives package for Ada95
@ 2001-06-01  9:41   ` Lutz Donnerhacke
From: Lutz Donnerhacke @ 2001-06-01  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Adrian Knoth wrote:
>Ask Lutz Donnerhacke <lutz@iks-jena.de> about his network stack. I don't
>know which state it has reached, but perhaps it is already useful for your
>work, especially if you're only looking for an encapsulation of C's
>socket().

My work on this subject is postphoned until I manage to implement a parser
generator for layered, dynamic attribute grammers.