* Newbie again!
@ 2001-04-17 10:31 Michael Andersson
From: Michael Andersson @ 2001-04-17 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!
I've looked at the c-code from the zktor.c examples that comes with
gtkglarea and I want to convert the following c-statements to Ada:
gtk_idle_add((GtkFunction)animate, glarea);

and
gtk_widget_draw(GTK_WIDGET(glarea), NULL);

When trying to do this I get the following error message from gnatmake:
expected type "Gdk_Rectangle" defined at gdk-rectangle.ads:34
found an access type
"Idle_Add" not declared in "Gtk"

I can't find Idle_Add in the documetation but there seems to be a
Gtk.Main.Idle.Add. The problem is that I want to pass a Gtkglarea to the
idle function.

Can somebody please help me!

/Michael Andersson

ps. Sorry for all the questions but I really need to get this to work
and I haven't received my Ada-book yet.

* Re: Newbie again!
@ 2001-04-17 10:49 ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2001-04-17 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001 12:31:05 +0200, Michael Andersson wrote:
>Hi!
>I've looked at the c-code from the zktor.c examples that comes with
>gtkglarea and I want to convert the following c-statements to Ada:
>gtk_idle_add((GtkFunction)animate, glarea);
>
>and
>gtk_widget_draw(GTK_WIDGET(glarea), NULL);
>
>When trying to do this I get the following error message from gnatmake:
>expected type "Gdk_Rectangle" defined at gdk-rectangle.ads:34
>found an access type
>"Idle_Add" not declared in "Gtk"

What is in line 34 ?

Can you please post the Ada source so it is easier to see what you are
doing? :-)

--
Preben Randhol ------------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
                 �For me, Ada95 puts back the joy in programming.�