From: gisle@apal.ii.uib.no (Gisle Sælensminde)
Subject: Re: GNAT Question
Date: 20 Mar 2001 19:37:03 GMT
Date: 2001-03-20T19:37:03+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <EYNt6.1986$94.2845@www.newsranger.com>, Ted Dennison wrote:
>In article <7wLt6.19470$bL.1855137@news6-win.server.ntlworld.com>, chris.danx
>says...
>>    Does anyone know if i can use GNAT to do OS work?  I don't mean writing
>..
>>from C anyway.  Can I link DJGPP with Ada?  That might be a temp solution.
>
>There was a DOS/DJGPP version of Gnat one upon a time. Its probably still
>floating around somewhere. The most recent version I could find was 3.10p at
>ftp://cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat/private/old/ez2load/3.10/ . I don't know if it can
>build programs that don't need DOS though. I'd be really interested in finding
>out myself. If you find out the answer, please tell me here or at my telepath
>address.

The GNAT for DOS team at www.gnuada.org seems to have newer ports around.
See their homepage. These ports are not supported or maintained by ACT.
They seems to have an alpha release of 3.13p and a stable relese of 3.12p.

--
Gisle S�lensminde ( gisle@ii.uib.no )

necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going
to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly
overhead. (from RFC 1925)