* Ada and portable graphics
@ 2001-02-09 10:14 Reinert Korsnes
From: Reinert Korsnes @ 2001-02-09 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I plan to use Ada combined with graphics.

Could anybody recommend me what graphical system I should
invest in to use under Ada ?   I use Linux but the program(s)
I make should function under different systems also in
the pretty far future.  "Fashion" is of no interest and stability,
long term easy to use and general availability is more important
than short term easy to learn.  I can still read a book and learn :-)

reinert

--
Norwegian Polar Institute
Polar Environment Center

http://geophys.npolar.no/~reinert/personal.html

* Re: Ada and portable graphics
@ 2001-02-09 12:44 ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2001-02-09 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 9 Feb 2001 10:14:31 GMT, Reinert Korsnes wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I plan to use Ada combined with graphics.
>
>Could anybody recommend me what graphical system I should
>invest in to use under Ada ?   I use Linux but the program(s)
>I make should function under different systems also in
>the pretty far future.  "Fashion" is of no interest and stability,
>long term easy to use and general availability is more important
>than short term easy to learn.  I can still read a book and learn :-)

Depends what you mean by graphics. If you mean GUI, look at GtkAda
http://gtkada.eu.org/ if you mean 3D you have OpenGl binding with GtkAda
and you have also now a binding to SDL. If you mean plotting data,
GtkAda (with GtkExtra) or http://www.gnu.org/software/plotutils/. I also
think there is a binding to pgplot (FORTRAN plotting library)

Hope it helps

--
Preben Randhol ---------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
iMy favorite editor is Emacs!<ESC>bcwVim<ESC>