From: randhol+abuse@pvv.org (Preben Randhol)
Subject: Re: Ada and portable graphics
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 12:44:56 +0000 (UTC)
Date: 2001-02-09T12:44:56+00:00	[thread overview]

On 9 Feb 2001 10:14:31 GMT, Reinert Korsnes wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I plan to use Ada combined with graphics.
>
>Could anybody recommend me what graphical system I should
>invest in to use under Ada ?   I use Linux but the program(s)
>I make should function under different systems also in
>the pretty far future.  "Fashion" is of no interest and stability,
>long term easy to use and general availability is more important
>than short term easy to learn.  I can still read a book and learn :-)

Depends what you mean by graphics. If you mean GUI, look at GtkAda
http://gtkada.eu.org/ if you mean 3D you have OpenGl binding with GtkAda
and you have also now a binding to SDL. If you mean plotting data,
GtkAda (with GtkExtra) or http://www.gnu.org/software/plotutils/. I also
think there is a binding to pgplot (FORTRAN plotting library)

Hope it helps

--
Preben Randhol ---------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
iMy favorite editor is Emacs!<ESC>bcwVim<ESC>