From: lutz@iks-jena.de (Lutz Donnerhacke)
Subject: Re: Memory representation of variable length record components
Date: 18 Jan 2001 08:45:32 GMT
Date: 2001-01-18T08:45:32+00:00	[thread overview]

I currently do this. (http://www.iks-jena.de/mitarb/lutz/ada/net/)

>That would then leave you using something slightly less easy (e.g.
>streams) to deal with the options and payload. Not perfect, but not too
>hard! Am I missing the point?

A little bit, yes. I get a memory image of a frame by the network interface
card. In order to avoid to much copying I'd like to map the data structures
similar to the C code used in actual OSs. But I'd like to have the
advantages of Ada95 typing. That's all ;-)