* New! AdaPower.net
@ 2001-01-03  5:20 David Botton
From: David Botton @ 2001-01-03  5:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

Ever wished you could have your very own Unix account to play with Ada?
Have your own Ada website?
Have a CVS server for your Ada project?

Now you can!

Join AdaPower.net!

http://www.adapower.net

Already have an Ada web site with your own domain?
No problem I'd be happy to host if for you!

David Botton

* Re: New! AdaPower.net
@ 2001-01-03 16:37 ` Ted Dennison
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Ted Dennison @ 2001-01-03 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <00f501c07544$ebd11cf0$0202a8c0@db2000>,
  comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org wrote:
> Ever wished you could have your very own Unix account to play with
> Ada? Have your own Ada website?
> Have a CVS server for your Ada project?
>
> Now you can!
>
> Join AdaPower.net!
>
> http://www.adapower.net

The day you get the CVS server set up, sign me up!

--
T.E.D.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

* Re: New! AdaPower.net
@ 2001-01-03 19:52 ` r_srinivasan
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: r_srinivasan @ 2001-01-03 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hope this will be a bsd system. (I am looking for one -- I already have
a Linux box). Obviously, I would like to sign up.

In article <00f501c07544$ebd11cf0$0202a8c0@db2000>,
  comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org wrote:
> Ever wished you could have your very own Unix account to play with
Ada?
> Have your own Ada website?
> Have a CVS server for your Ada project?
>
> Now you can!
>
> Join AdaPower.net!
>
> http://www.adapower.net
>
> Already have an Ada web site with your own domain?
> No problem I'd be happy to host if for you!
>
> David Botton

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

* Re: New! AdaPower.net
@ 2001-01-03 21:45   ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 2001-01-03 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

I wouldn't have it any other way :-) BSD it is.

David Botton

@ 2001-01-03 22:13 ` Antonio Vargas
From: Antonio Vargas @ 2001-01-03 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

Just in time !!.

I'm just making the final tests to an Ada binding do SDL graphics library.
and I was thinking in Sourcefourge.net  but  www.adapower.net  might
be a good idea.

I'm also writing html pages about  graphics programming in ada and
developing some apps to be used in my math classes.  What is the disk space
available for the future users ?

AMFVargas

David Botton wrote:

> Ever wished you could have your very own Unix account to play with Ada?
> Have your own Ada website?
> Have a CVS server for your Ada project?
>
> Now you can!
>
> Join AdaPower.net!
>
> http://www.adapower.net
>
> Already have an Ada web site with your own domain?
> No problem I'd be happy to host if for you!
>
> David Botton

* Re: New! AdaPower.net
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2001-01-04  1:08 ` Alejandro R. Mosteo
From: Alejandro R. Mosteo @ 2001-01-04  1:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

En su mensaje David Botton ha dicho...
> Ever wished you could have your very own Unix account to play with Ada?
> Have your own Ada website?
> Have a CVS server for your Ada project?

Whilst I'm very pleased with this offer, I will be glad to know what is
its purpose. Only can think in making Ada more popular, but, don't you
fear hordes of people coming at the words "free" and "Unix account"?

I'm emailing you a copy of this message to sign up :-)

Cheers,

------------------------------
Alejandro R. Mosteo
mailto: 402450@cepsz.unizar.es
------------------------------

* Re: New! AdaPower.net
@ 2001-01-04  5:20   ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 2001-01-04  5:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

> I'm just making the final tests to an Ada binding do SDL graphics library.
> and I was thinking in Sourcefourge.net  but  www.adapower.net  might
> be a good idea.

Sounds great. SDL is cross platform to Unix and Win32 correct?

> I'm also writing html pages about  graphics programming in ada and
> developing some apps to be used in my math classes.  What is the disk
space
> available for the future users ?

I don't have any set limits per se. If it is for Ada, we can find room.

Should I set you up an account?

Be well,
David Botton

* Re: New! AdaPower.net
@ 2001-01-04  9:52     ` Antonio Vargas
From: Antonio Vargas @ 2001-01-04  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yes !  the SDL  in  www.libsdl.org
Open source and cross platform: BeOS, Linux, MacOS and Win32

It's a 100% binding,

I'm already programming windowed and full screen, accelerated (OpenGL)
and non accelerated (2D) graphic applications, with  sound, in Ada.

I'm just correcting some "rough edges" specially in sound system.

Right now it is very dependent on  Interfaces.C

Since it is my first public release I'm taking a little longer;

Are you planing facilities like the ones in sourceforge.net.

And what about Telnet access ?

Is it  ready for use on request ?

-----------------------
David Botton wrote:

> [...]

* Re: New! AdaPower.net
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2001-01-04 11:09 ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2001-01-04 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 3 Jan 2001 00:20:43 -0500, David Botton wrote:
>Ever wished you could have your very own Unix account to play with Ada?
>Have your own Ada website?
>Have a CVS server for your Ada project?
>
>Now you can!
>
>Join AdaPower.net!
>
>http://www.adapower.net
>
>Already have an Ada web site with your own domain?
>No problem I'd be happy to host if for you!

This sounds great. :-)

But could you please make a link to the old page other than the image.
It is a bit hard for people to find the old page now as they have to
figure out that they have to click on the picture. Especially those who
haven't visited adapower before.

--
Preben Randhol ---------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
iMy favorite editor is Emacs!<ESC>bcwVim<ESC>

* Re: New! AdaPower.net
@ 2001-01-04 13:26       ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 2001-01-04 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

> Open source and cross platform: BeOS, Linux, MacOS and Win32
>
> It's a 100% binding,

Fantastic!!! Please let me know when I can get my hands on a copy.

> Are you planing facilities like the ones in sourceforge.net.

In some ways more and in some ways less... Over time we will see where
things go.

> And what about Telnet access ?

Yes that is available now.

> Is it  ready for use on request ?

Yes

David Botton

* Re: New! AdaPower.net
@ 2001-01-05  2:49     ` gressett
From: gressett @ 2001-01-05  2:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

"David Botton" <David@Botton.com> wrote:

>I wouldn't have it any other way :-) BSD it is.

Hmmm - I really don't need free access to an Ada compiler on Unix - I
already have GNAT 3.13p on Linux and 3.12p on SCO Openserver 5, but it
would be *really nice* to have an easily installable binary GNAT 3.13p
distribution for my FreeBSD box.

* Re: New! AdaPower.net
@ 2001-01-05  4:02       ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 2001-01-05  4:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

FreeBSD 4.2 comes with GNAT on the CDs. Very Cool :-)

You can also get it in the ports section on www.freebsd.org

David Botton