From: lutz@iks-jena.de (Lutz Donnerhacke)
Subject: Re: modifying color of "Ada.Text_IO.Put"
Date: 22 Dec 2000 11:26:26 GMT
Date: 2000-12-22T11:26:26+00:00	[thread overview]

* Stefan Kombrink wrote:
>  in C and other programming languages it's simply possible to change
>the background and foreground color of text plotted on screen.

No. There is no standard library call to do this. (or do I miss something?)
But there are additional libraries to do it in a portable way, i.e. curses.

>But GNAT doesn't seem to offer procedures to handle that.

Use the additional library [n]curses (www.gnu.org/.../curses/).
A Ada95 binding is included.

>Moving the cursor may work with "Set_Col" and "Set_Line", but i need

It failed miserably on my terminal. It can not move backwards.

--
	      http://www.tm.oneiros.de/calendar/2001/index.html