From: randhol+abuse@pvv.org (Preben Randhol)
Subject: Re: Question on Types
Date: 17 Dec 2000 17:04:57 GMT
Date: 2000-12-17T17:04:57+00:00	[thread overview]

On Sat, 16 Dec 2000 19:28:16 -0500, Stephen Griese wrote:
>Here's a newbie question for you all.  I know almost nothing about Ada,
>other than that it is has a lot of safety features that appeal to me.
>So I am thinking of diving in an trying to do a small project in Ada.

:-)

>The only thing that worries me is the fact that Ada does not have
>multiple inheritance.
>
>Which gets me to my question.  Having been developing in Java for a
>while now, I have gotten really used to Java interfaces.  Is there any
>means to declare a class that is actually more than one type?  As in the
>Java class:

Look at: (Implementing Interfaces in Ada)
--------
   http://www.adapower.com/lang/interface.html

But also read these:
--------------------
   http://adaic.org/docs/flyers/multin9x.shtml

   http://www.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/~dirk/ada-mi.html

   http://www.adahome.com/9X/OOP-Ada9X.html

   http://www.vaxxine.com/pegasoft/homes/11.html

You can find the Ada Rationale here:
------------------------------------
   http://www.adapower.com/rationale/index.html

You can find the Ada References here:
-------------------------------------
   http://www.adapower.com/rm95/index.html

For more info look at:
   http://www.adapower.com

This might also be interesting for you
   http://www.inmet.com/~stt/applmag.html

Hope it helps :-)

--
Preben Randhol ---------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
iMy favorite editor is Emacs!<ESC>bcwVim<ESC>