From: gisle@struts.ii.uib.no (Gisle Sælensminde)
Subject: Re: Multiple partitions with GNAT 3.12p
Date: 2000/11/15
Date: 2000-11-15T19:02:29+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <3A12AA18.87990C24@CCI.de>, Vincent Smeets wrote:
>Gisle S�lensminde wrote:
>>
>> I presume you mean compilation unit, and not partition, that means
>> something else in Ada95 terminology (Distributed programming)
>
>No, I mean partitions (from appendix E, Distributed programming).

I'm so sorry.

I made the "hello world" of GLADE, It have a procedure that multiply
its input by three, and returns it, using
a remote call interface. You must specify the pragma for this.
I used the following program:

package A is
  pragma remote_call_interface;

  function F(I : Integer) return Integer;
end A;

package body A is
   function F(I : Integer) return integer is
   begin
      return 3*I;
   end F;
end A;

with A;
with Ada.Text_IO;

procedure B is
begin
   Ada.Text_IO.Put_line(A.F(3)'img);
end B;

To make a distributed app, I must make a config file, and run gnat on it.
This file is called b_conf.cfg. "gekko" and "anakonda" are computers on my
local net. The configuartion as used here requere a .rhost file which is
a security risk. You can configure it to use ssh or start the partitions
manually.

configuration Bconf is

  pragma Starter (Ada);

  pragma Boot_Location ("tcp", "gekko:5557");

  B_Part : Partition;
  for B_Part'Host use "gekko";

  A_Part : Partition := (A);
  for A_Part'Host use "anakonda";

  procedure B is in B_Part;

end Bconf;

Runing gnatdist I get:

gisle@gekko:218> gnatdist bconf.cfg
gnatdist: checking configuration consistency