* Package for simple form
@ 2000-08-18  0:00 Matthias Teege
From: Matthias Teege @ 2000-08-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Moin,

for an simple database application I need an tty based
'GUI' package where I can easely build input and ouput
forms, menus etc. I've found texttools but it didn't
compile under FreeBSD at the moment.

Is there any other package out there that I can use?

Bis dann
Matthias

--
Matthias Teege -- matthias@mteege.de -- http://emugs.de
make world not war

* Re: Package for simple form
@ 2000-08-18  0:00 ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2000-08-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 18 Aug 2000 09:06:28 +0200, Matthias Teege wrote:

>Moin,
>
>for an simple database application I need an tty based
>'GUI' package where I can easely build input and ouput
>forms, menus etc. I've found texttools but it didn't
>compile under FreeBSD at the moment.
>
>Is there any other package out there that I can use?

Try AdaCurses which is bindings for ncurses.

Unfortunately I don't know where you can find the homepage of AdaCurses,
but there are RPMs at http://www.gnuada.org/rpms312p.html.

If you need a tar-ball of the source code, I can send you a copy.

--
Preben Randhol - Ph. D student - http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/
"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent", Isaac Asimov

* Re: Package for simple form
@ 2000-08-18  0:00 ` Thomas Dickey
From: Thomas Dickey @ 2000-08-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

dvdeug@hushmail.com wrote:
> --Hushpart_boundary_UOAmNhPxkZAacrjyhotfUTBnOhrMyhLo

> At 18 Aug 2000 08:11:20 GMT, randhol+abuse@pvv.org (Preben Randhol) wrote:
>>Try AdaCurses which is bindings for ncurses.
>>
>>Unfortunately I don't know where you can find the homepage of AdaCurses,
>>but there are RPMs at http://www.gnuada.org/rpms312p.html.

> There is a set of Ada bindings for ncurses in the ncurses package itslef.
> Unfortunetly, last time I checked, there was some pretty serious breakage,
>  which I was unable to fix at the time.

I don't recall your bug report (was there one?).

The current version of ncurses is 5.1 (20000708)
There's an faq at
	http://dickey.his.com/ncurses/ncurses.faq.html

> --
> David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
> --Hushpart_boundary_UOAmNhPxkZAacrjyhotfUTBnOhrMyhLo--

> IMPORTANT NOTICE:  If you are not using HushMail, this message could have been read easily by the many people who have access to your open personal email messages.

Thomas E. Dickey <dickey@radix.net> <dickey@herndon4.his.com>
http://dickey.his.com
ftp://dickey.his.com

* Re: Package for simple form
@ 2000-08-18  0:00 dvdeug
From: dvdeug @ 2000-08-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

From: Preben Randhol @ 2000-08-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 18 Aug 2000 01:22:28 -0600 (PDT), dvdeug@hushmail.com wrote:
>--Hushpart_boundary_UOAmNhPxkZAacrjyhotfUTBnOhrMyhLo
>
>At 18 Aug 2000 08:11:20 GMT, randhol+abuse@pvv.org (Preben Randhol) wrote:
>>Try AdaCurses which is bindings for ncurses.
>>
>>Unfortunately I don't know where you can find the homepage of AdaCurses,
>>but there are RPMs at http://www.gnuada.org/rpms312p.html.
>
>There is a set of Ada bindings for ncurses in the ncurses package itslef.
>Unfortunetly, last time I checked, there was some pretty serious breakage,
> which I was unable to fix at the time.

Which version 5.x or 4.2 ?

--

@ 2000-08-19  0:00   ` David Starner
From: David Starner @ 2000-08-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 18 Aug 2000 15:34:20 GMT, Thomas Dickey <dickey@saltmine.radix.net> wrote:
>> There is a set of Ada bindings for ncurses in the ncurses package itslef.
>> Unfortunetly, last time I checked, there was some pretty serious breakage,
>>  which I was unable to fix at the time.
>
>I don't recall your bug report (was there one?).

Sorry, there wasn't one. I got the (apparently mistaken) impression that
the Ada code wasn't maintained, so I decided not to send a bug report unless
I could send a patch with it. Since this was ncurses 4.2, it's probably
been fixed.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
http/ftp: x8b4e53cd.dhcp.okstate.edu

* Re: Package for simple form
@ 2000-08-20  0:00     ` Thomas Dickey
From: Thomas Dickey @ 2000-08-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Starner <dvdeug@x8b4e53cd.dhcp.okstate.edu> wrote:
> On 18 Aug 2000 15:34:20 GMT, Thomas Dickey <dickey@saltmine.radix.net> wrote:
>>> There is a set of Ada bindings for ncurses in the ncurses package itslef.
>>> Unfortunetly, last time I checked, there was some pretty serious breakage,
>>>  which I was unable to fix at the time.
>>
>>I don't recall your bug report (was there one?).

> Sorry, there wasn't one. I got the (apparently mistaken) impression that
> the Ada code wasn't maintained, so I decided not to send a bug report unless
> I could send a patch with it. Since this was ncurses 4.2, it's probably
> been fixed.

I don't recall the details, but both the c++ and Ada95 bindings ran into
compiler-dependent things that had to be fixed between 4.2/5.0 (and with
the Ada95, I do recall that some of the fixes weren't backward-compatible,
so 5.1 doesn't for instance support gnat 3.10).