From: randhol+abuse@pvv.org (Preben Randhol)
Subject: Re: mmmmmmmmmmmm
Date: 2000/08/16
Date: 2000-08-16T08:08:24+00:00	[thread overview]

On Wed, 16 Aug 2000 12:19:10 -0700, Damon Carter wrote:
[..]
>They have told me that i have to use this specification-
>
>         procedure Get_Valid_Integer (The_Integer : out Integer;
>                    Prompt_Text : String := "any integer The_Integer";
>                       Lower : Integer := Integer'First;
>                       Upper : Integer := Integer'Last);
[..]
>write a program that meets all the requirements. But im meant to use formal
>parameters and the Get_Valid_Integer procedure above. I dont know how to
>define Lower and Upper to make the range between 1 and 40.

Maybe I'm holding the wrong end of the stick here, but as I see it what
they mean is that one should be able to do a call like this:

   Get_Valid_Integer (The_Integer => Result,
                      Promt_Text  => String_from_User,
                      Lower       => 1,
                      Upper       => 40); -- [1]

Then you can if one wants to check for a number in a different range,
one can do it by simply changing the call to the function.

If your not sure what to do try looking at:

   http://goanna.cs.rmit.edu.au/~dale/ada/aln/4_basic_types.html

[1] You should of course use some variable (or constants) in this call
for the upper and lower bounds, I just typed the values for clarity.

--
Preben Randhol - Ph. D student - http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/
"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent", Isaac Asimov