* segmentation faults
@ 2000-05-02  0:00 ANTHONY GAIR
From: ANTHONY GAIR @ 2000-05-02  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,
 I am am trying to start a task using linux and GNAT ada. I have written the
task and am calling the rendevous from a main program but unfortunately keep
getting segmentation faults,
any ideas any one?
Tony

* Re: segmentation faults
@ 2000-05-02  0:00   ` ANTHONY GAIR
From: ANTHONY GAIR @ 2000-05-02  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Preben,
Suse 6.3 and an version 3.12 of GNAT, is that any help.
I can actually compile other executables though ........
would there be any other strange tasking reasons for this problemo?
Thanks
Tony
Are ADA and linux a good combination :-
www.remotely.useful.com

* Re: segmentation faults
@ 2000-05-02  0:00 ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2000-05-02  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 02 May 2000 11:40:27 GMT, ANTHONY GAIR wrote:

>Hello,
> I am am trying to start a task using linux and GNAT ada. I have written the
>task and am calling the rendevous from a main program but unfortunately keep
>getting segmentation faults,
>any ideas any one?

If you get segmentation fault there is probably something wrong with your
installation. Which versions do you have of linux and the gnat compiler?
Which linux distribution?

Head over to http://www.gnuada.org/alt.html and get the latest version
(if you don't already have it) and try that.

--
Preben Randhol -- [randhol@pvv.org] -- <http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/>
         "Det eneste trygge stedet i verden er inne i en fortelling."

From: Preben Randhol @ 2000-05-02  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 02 May 2000 15:03:47 GMT, ANTHONY GAIR wrote:

>Suse 6.3 and an version 3.12 of GNAT, is that any help.
>I can actually compile other executables though ........
>would there be any other strange tasking reasons for this problemo?

Get the latest RPM for SUSE from http://www.gnuada.org/alt.html and
compile with that. I think this problem has been fixed earlier (not sure
though).

>Are ADA and linux a good combination :-

yes!