* Re: Filedate & Fileinfo?
@ 2000-04-07  0:00 ` Gisle S�lensminde
From: Gisle S�lensminde @ 2000-04-07  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <8ck7qr$296d$2@news.nikoma.de>, Heiko Ottenbacher wrote:
>   Hello,
>
>i am looking for a procedure/library to get the filedate and several
>fileinfos (size...) about a specific file. This has to be done on a
>UNIX/Linux Environment.
>
>I already asked that some months ago, but due to a headcrash I lost all the
>URLS I collected. So please tell me again....
>
>Answer by email prefered, plz!

If you got an answer here some months ago, you could serach for it
on www.deja.com, since they records all news messages on this and
other usenet groups.

To answer your question: You could either use the florist POSIX
binding. Since you use Linux you can install the RPM found on
ALT's pages (http://www.gnuada.org/alt.html). Alternativly you
can look up the necessary system calls in the manual pages
(or a book)  and interface them from Ada, using interfaces.c.

>TNX! Heiko

Gisle S�lensminde ( gisle@ii.uib.no )

ln -s /dev/null ~/.netscape/cookies

From: Gisle S�lensminde @ 2000-04-07  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <slrn8eran5.mra.gisle@apal.ii.uib.no>, Gisle S�lensminde wrote:
>In article <8ck7qr$296d$2@news.nikoma.de>, Heiko Ottenbacher wrote:
>>   Hello,
>>
>>i am looking for a procedure/library to get the filedate and several
>>fileinfos (size...) about a specific file. This has to be done on a
>>UNIX/Linux Environment.
>>
>>I already asked that some months ago, but due to a headcrash I lost all the
>>URLS I collected. So please tell me again....
>>
>>Answer by email prefered, plz!
>
>If you got an answer here some months ago, you could serach for it
>on www.deja.com, since they records all news messages on this and
>other usenet groups.
>
>To answer your question: You could either use the florist POSIX
>binding. Since you use Linux you can install the RPM found on
>ALT's pages (http://www.gnuada.org/alt.html). Alternativly you
>can look up the necessary system calls in the manual pages
>(or a book)  and interface them from Ada, using interfaces.c.

Or use the gnat.oslib in gnat, which implements such functions.

Gisle S�lensminde ( gisle@ii.uib.no )

ln -s /dev/null ~/.netscape/cookies

* Filedate & Fileinfo?
@ 2000-04-07  0:00 Heiko Ottenbacher