From: randhol@pvv.org (Preben Randhol)
Subject: Checking file permissions
Date: 2000/03/10
Date: 2000-03-10T08:23:48+00:00	[thread overview]

Is it possible to check if a file is read and/or writable before trying
to open it? I have found a check that checks if a file is a regular
file (in GNAT), but I cannot find in the RM any function that (I understood) can
be used to check if a file is readable.

System:   Linux 2.2.x
Compiler: Gnat 3.12p
Language: Ada95

Any hints much appreciated.

--
Preben Randhol -- [randhol@pvv.org] -- [http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/]
         "Det eneste trygge stedet i verden er inne i en fortelling."