From: gisle@struts.ii.uib.no (Gisle S�lensminde)
Subject: Re: Trouble getting Winsock binding to work.
Date: 2000/02/17
Date: 2000-02-17T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <38AB0E67.4B02D8C2@quadruscorp.com>, Marin D. Condic wrote:
>Pascal Obry wrote:
>> Why not use the ready to use Ada Socket packages available for UNIX
>> and NT ?
>>
>> http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.obry/archive/sockets.tar.gz
>>
>The current mission is some version of "Here's the C interface - how do
>I do the exact same thing only in Ada?" A thick binding might be very
>handy at a little later stage in this learning exercise since I plan on
>using it in a real project. Just now, I need to understand how it works
>at a low level. There's also the issue of Windows sockets not working
>exactly 100% identical to Unix sockets and I may need some of the
>Windows specific features.

Jerry van Dijk's port of winsockets does the basic things here, so
you can allways look at the source, which is quite readable. Like
Vladimir told, you need to do some extra initialization on windows,
so you cannot use the original AdaSockets directly.

http://stad.dsl.nl/~jvandyk/packages.html

--
Gisle S�lensminde ( gisle@ii.uib.no )

ln -s /dev/null ~/.netscape/cookies