From: aidan@skinner.demon.co.uk (Aidan Skinner)
Subject: Re: Ada like Delphi ???
Date: 1999/10/25
Date: 1999-10-25T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

On 25 Oct 1999 12:28:40 GMT, dethar <dethar@box43.gnet.pl> wrote:

>Is there any kind of ADA compiler for windows and where I can find it.

Several. I've only really used GNAT http://www.gnat.com/ which is part
of the GNU project (so you can download both binary and source and
redistribute them freely). There are several others though (eg Aonix
ObjectAda), but I'm unaware of any other freely available Ada '95
compilers (there's probably trial versions of other ones though)

>Another question is : Is anywhere available some kind of editor + debuger
>for ADA (like have Delphi or Borland Pascal)??? Of course for windows.
>
>Or simple editor with debugger for ADA working under DOS

GNU Emacs has been ported to both, and integrates well with GNAT and
GDB (the GNU debugger)

- Aidan
--
"I say we just bury him and eat dessert"
http://www.skinner.demon.co.uk/aidan/