* comp.lang.ada FAQ (was Re: adahome consultant index)
@ 1999-09-27  0:00       ` Aidan Skinner
From: Aidan Skinner @ 1999-09-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999 16:53:52 GMT, Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com> wrote:

>In article <7spb2s$31os$1@news.gate.net>,
>  "David Botton" <David@Botton.com> wrote:

>> that I never received a reponce to, asking to take over maintenance of
>> the Ada FAQ, but never heard back.
>
>Which Ada FAQ? If you are talking about the c.l.a FAQ at
>http://www.adahome.com/FAQ/comp-lang-ada.html , please do take it if you

I mailed Magnus about the cla FAQ as well, probably at about the same
time as David and never heard back either.

>that starting over really wouldn't be such a bad idea anyway. I would
>suggest that you use a more open license than Magnus, so that we don't
>have to go through this again.

I think RMS has a licence in the works for documentation, which looks
reasonable. However it contained a couple of things I wasn't terribly
sure of regarding printed redistribution (it's designed for GNU
manuals IIRC, so that's fair enough, but not really appropriate for a
FAQ).

If people want to work on a new FAQ I may be able to swing a majordomo
list for it.

- Aidan
--
"Every time I see her I want to geek..."
"I say geek. If she runs then it was never meant to be. But if you talk

* adahome consultant index
@ 1999-09-27  0:00 Joe Wisniewski
From: Joe Wisniewski @ 1999-09-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I was just curious whether www.adahome.com/Market/condex is getting
"enough" action for those that have paid for the spot. I'm curious
because I see that, if the "last updated" date is accurate, then
the page has not been updated in about a year and a half, which may
or may not be meaningful.

Just curious about the volume of hits AND whether those involved
feel it is a good investment.

Thanx

Joe

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Re: adahome consultant index
@ 1999-09-27  0:00 ` Pat Rogers
From: Pat Rogers @ 1999-09-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Joe Wisniewski <wisniew@acm.org> wrote in message
> I was just curious whether www.adahome.com/Market/condex is getting
> "enough" action for those that have paid for the spot. I'm curious
> because I see that, if the "last updated" date is accurate, then
> the page has not been updated in about a year and a half, which may
> or may not be meaningful.
>
> Just curious about the volume of hits AND whether those involved
> feel it is a good investment.

Many, many months ago I sent the necessary check to Magnus to sign up
for that.  Nothing ever happened and I got no reply from Magnus about
whether the list (or the site, for that matter) is active.  So it looks
like those that signed up initially got a great deal (since I doubt
they've had to pay since)!

* Re: adahome consultant index
@ 1999-09-27  0:00   ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 1999-09-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is this a needed resource for the Ada community?

If I added it to AdaPower, would this be "stepping" on the toes of AdaHome
in particular since I see no reason to not extend my free policy to such a
resource?

I have tried to avoid duplicating efforts on AdaHome such as the Ada FAQs
and other resources found there. I sent off a message many months ago, that
I never received a reponce to, asking to take over maintenance of the Ada
FAQ, but never heard back.

What are the feelings on my adding such resources to AdaPower?

David Botton

Pat Rogers wrote in message ...
>Joe Wisniewski <wisniew@acm.org> wrote in message
>> I was just curious whether www.adahome.com/Market/condex is getting
>> "enough" action for those that have paid for the spot. I'm curious
>> because I see that, if the "last updated" date is accurate, then
>> the page has not been updated in about a year and a half, which may
>> or may not be meaningful.
>>
>> Just curious about the volume of hits AND whether those involved
>> feel it is a good investment.
>
>Many, many months ago I sent the necessary check to Magnus to sign up
>for that.  Nothing ever happened and I got no reply from Magnus about
>whether the list (or the site, for that matter) is active.  So it looks
>like those that signed up initially got a great deal (since I doubt
>they've had to pay since)!

* Re: adahome consultant index
                       ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 1999-09-28  0:00     ` Joe Wisniewski
From: Joe Wisniewski @ 1999-09-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Well, judging from the first 2 responses (including yours), I guess
that the list is more less not being maintained.

If it were totally free, then it could turn into nothing more
than a resume' farm, which may or may be the intent, and may or may
not be a bad thing.

I personally
would like to see some distinction made between "consultants" who
are "contractors" and "consultants" who supply potentially not only
their own technical services, but who due to a lack of better
phraesology, are equipped to bid off a "chunk o work" and supply
comprehensive management of said work. But this may be too much
to ask of such a site. But then again, a link to a web-site could
generate that distinction.

I just think that it is great that someone is willing to get involved
and recognizes this need.

Joe

In article <7spb2s$31os$1@news.gate.net>,
  "David Botton" <David@Botton.com> wrote:
> Is this a needed resource for the Ada community?
>
> If I added it to AdaPower, would this be "stepping" on the toes of
AdaHome
> in particular since I see no reason to not extend my free policy to
such a
> resource?
>
> I have tried to avoid duplicating efforts on AdaHome such as the Ada
FAQs
> and other resources found there. I sent off a message many months ago,
that
> I never received a reponce to, asking to take over maintenance of the
Ada
> FAQ, but never heard back.
>
> What are the feelings on my adding such resources to AdaPower?
>
> David Botton
>
> Pat Rogers wrote in message ...
> >Joe Wisniewski <wisniew@acm.org> wrote in message
> >> I was just curious whether www.adahome.com/Market/condex is getting
> >> "enough" action for those that have paid for the spot. I'm curious
> >> because I see that, if the "last updated" date is accurate, then
> >> the page has not been updated in about a year and a half, which may
> >> or may not be meaningful.
> >>
> >> Just curious about the volume of hits AND whether those involved
> >> feel it is a good investment.
> >
> >Many, many months ago I sent the necessary check to Magnus to sign up
> >for that.  Nothing ever happened and I got no reply from Magnus about
> >whether the list (or the site, for that matter) is active.  So it
looks
> >like those that signed up initially got a great deal (since I doubt
> >they've had to pay since)!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Re: adahome consultant index
@ 1999-09-28  0:00     ` Ted Dennison
                       ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Ted Dennison @ 1999-09-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <7spb2s$31os$1@news.gate.net>,
  "David Botton" <David@Botton.com> wrote:

> and other resources found there. I sent off a message many months ago,
> that I never received a reponce to, asking to take over maintenance of
> the Ada FAQ, but never heard back.

Which Ada FAQ? If you are talking about the c.l.a FAQ at
http://www.adahome.com/FAQ/comp-lang-ada.html , please do take it if you
are willing. It hasn't been updated in almost 2 years and hasn't been
posted in 3 years. As a result newbies have little recourse other than
to go ahead and ask their FAQ's (eg: Getting Gnat to run on Red Hat 6)
over and over again.

Since it is not being properly taken care of, and you have asked about
it and gotten no response in a reasonable amount of time, it would seem
reasonable to pronounce it "dead" and take it over yourself.

Unfortunately, Magnus has the old FAQ copyrighted with a rather
restrictive license. I don't think you can legitimately modify the old
it without his express permission. However, that FAQ has grown so stale
that starting over really wouldn't be such a bad idea anyway. I would
suggest that you use a more open license than Magnus, so that we don't
have to go through this again.

--
T.E.D.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Re: adahome consultant index
@ 1999-09-28  0:00     ` Peter Hermann
                       ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Peter Hermann @ 1999-09-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

1

2

3
> Pat Rogers wrote in message ...
>>Many, many months ago I sent the necessary check to Magnus to sign up
>>for that.  Nothing ever happened and I got no reply from Magnus about
>>whether the list (or the site, for that matter) is active.  So it looks
>>like those that signed up initially got a great deal (since I doubt
>>they've had to pay since)!

4 (ph):
yes, indeed, the entry was free from the beginning.
Initially, the free entries should have been removed
after 1/2 year and replaced by paying customer's entries only.
This was the original plan, AFAIK.
After another year, I was wondering, that my free entry
still was on board and I kept quiet.
In the meantime, I tried 3 times to get an error correction,
even in ready-to-copy-prepared format,
without success. Of course, I do not have any claims at all
and I am pleased to be there.
The only thing which makes me thoughtful is the fact,
that adahome became more and more quiet.
Since adahome is one of the first places to go for newcomers,
which once had a 4-star price by magellan (fading now),
I am really concerned now whether adahome might possibly
do a counterproductive service to the Ada community?
Presumably they may be suffering of man-power and/or
(necessary!) sponsoring...

--
Peter Hermann Tel+49-711-685-3611 Fax3758 ica2ph@csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de
Pfaffenwaldring 27 Raum 114, D-70569 Stuttgart Uni Computeranwendungen

* Re: adahome consultant index
                       ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 1999-09-28  0:00     ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1999-09-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <7spb2s$31os$1@news.gate.net>,
  "David Botton" <David@Botton.com> wrote:
> Is this a needed resource for the Ada community?
>
> If I added it to AdaPower, would this be "stepping" on the
toes of AdaHome
> in particular since I see no reason to not extend my free
policy to such a
> resource?
>
> I have tried to avoid duplicating efforts on AdaHome such as
the Ada FAQs
> and other resources found there. I sent off a message many
months ago, that
> I never received a reponce to, asking to take over maintenance
of the Ada
> FAQ, but never heard back.
>
> What are the feelings on my adding such resources to AdaPower?

I would add anything you think is useful and which you have
the energy to do, and I do not think you should have to worry
about stepping on toes. If I feel like writing a book, I do not
feel inhibited by seeing other books on the subject in the
bookstore unless I feel I have nothing to add.

If you feel you have something useful to add, and I would
think a well maintained updated Ada FAQ would definitely be
in this category, then by all means go ahead!

Robert

@ 1999-09-28  0:00       ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 1999-09-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com> wrote:

> Which Ada FAQ? If you are talking about the c.l.a FAQ at
> http://www.adahome.com/FAQ/comp-lang-ada.html , please do take it if
you
> are willing.

Yes, I am referring to that FAQ.

> Since it is not being properly taken care of, and you have asked about
> it and gotten no response in a reasonable amount of time, it would
seem
> reasonable to pronounce it "dead" and take it over yourself.

Is there some sort of official process for doing this?

> Unfortunately, Magnus has the old FAQ copyrighted with a rather
> restrictive license.

I am well aware of the license. Even code examples on AdaHome have very
restrictive licenses.

If I do take it over, I do not intend on using the old FAQ as a base.
The licensing will probably be GPL or the like. Any suggestions?

David Botton

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Re: adahome consultant index
                       ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 1999-09-28  0:00     ` Pat Rogers
From: Pat Rogers @ 1999-09-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Botton <David@Botton.com> wrote in message
> Is this a needed resource for the Ada community?

Yes.

> If I added it to AdaPower, would this be "stepping" on the toes of
AdaHome
> in particular since I see no reason to not extend my free policy to
such a
> resource?

I don't see any toes to be stepped upon -- AdaHome is inactive,
regardless of any protestations to the contrary.  Even if that was not
the case, I don't see any problem with competition; plus you'll be
making $!

I would ask, though, as a potential customer, that the listing be
shuffled somehow on some regular basis -- a simple alphabetical ordering
is fair but not necessarily desirable.

--
Pat Rogers                            Training and Consulting in:
http://www.classwide.com      Deadline Schedulability Analysis

* Re: New AdaPower Resource Index (was Re: adahome consultant index)
@ 1999-09-28  0:00         ` Joe Wisniewski
From: Joe Wisniewski @ 1999-09-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

David,

Thanx for taking this all on.

Joe

In article <7sqk92$2io0$1@news.gate.net>,

@ 1999-09-28  0:00       ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 1999-09-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <7sqpai$c8m$1@nnrp1.deja.com>, Joe Wisniewski <wisniew@acm.org> writes:

> I personally
> would like to see some distinction made between "consultants" who
> are "contractors" and "consultants" who supply potentially not only
> their own technical services, but who due to a lack of better
> phraesology, are equipped to bid off a "chunk o work" and supply
> comprehensive management of said work.

That may be the way you use the language, but it is far from universal.
There are companies where "consultant" is a term reserved for employees
and any outsiders are "contractors".  Then again, if you leave computers
to look at the building trades industry, "contractors" (at least in the
US) are the ones who bring along others.

I would suggest concentrating on sharing information rather than
adopting terminology.

Larry Kilgallen

From: Larry Kilgallen @ 1999-09-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <7sr6v8$n0r$1@nnrp1.deja.com>, David Botton <David@Botton.com> writes:

>> Unfortunately, Magnus has the old FAQ copyrighted with a rather
>> restrictive license.
>
> I am well aware of the license. Even code examples on AdaHome have very
> restrictive licenses.
>
> If I do take it over, I do not intend on using the old FAQ as a base.
> The licensing will probably be GPL or the like. Any suggestions?

Licensing or Copyrighting or anything of a FAQ seems ridiculous.
The DEQ employees who maintain the VMS FAQ don't do such things.

Larry Kilgallen

* Re: adahome consultant index
@ 1999-09-28  0:00       ` P.S. Norby
From: P.S. Norby @ 1999-09-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Pat Rogers wrote:

> David Botton <David@Botton.com> wrote in message
> > Is this a needed resource for the Ada community?
>
> Yes.
>
> > If I added it to AdaPower, would this be "stepping" on the toes of
> AdaHome
> > in particular since I see no reason to not extend my free policy to
> such a
> > resource?
>
> I don't see any toes to be stepped upon -- AdaHome is inactive,
> regardless of any protestations to the contrary.  Even if that was not
> the case, I don't see any problem with competition; plus you'll be
> making $!
>
> I would ask, though, as a potential customer, that the listing be
> shuffled somehow on some regular basis -- a simple alphabetical ordering
> is fair but not necessarily desirable.
>
> --
> Pat Rogers                            Training and Consulting in:
> http://www.classwide.com      Deadline Schedulability Analysis
> progers@classwide.com        Software Fault Tolerance
> (281)648-3165                       Real-Time/OO Languages

On a similar note, the "Job Center" of AdaHome and the "Job Bank" on the
SIGAda page are equally inactive (the latter has not had a new posting
since March!).  Where are those companies who are "desperately seeking
Ada" developers?

As for shuffling, I've seen a page which lists alphabetically, but
rotates which letter it starts with (e.g., one day it lists P-Z, A-O;
the next day R-Z, A-P; etc)..

P.S. Norby

 "Software engineers are, in many ways, similar to normal people"

        --  Scott Adams

"No excuses.  No embarrassment.  No apologies...
 Ada -- the most trusted and powerful programming language
 on earth, or in space." -- S. Tucker Taft

\\\    \\\    \\\    \\\    \\\    \\\    \\\    \\\    \\\
( :)   ( :)   ( :)   ( :)   ( :)   ( :)   ( :)   ( :)   ( :)
///    ///    ///    ///    ///    ///    ///    ///    ///
(Speaking only for myself)

* Re: adahome consultant index
@ 1999-09-28  0:00         ` Brian Rogoff
                           ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Brian Rogoff @ 1999-09-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, David Botton wrote:
> I am well aware of the license. Even code examples on AdaHome have very
> restrictive licenses.
>
> If I do take it over, I do not intend on using the old FAQ as a base.
> The licensing will probably be GPL or the like. Any suggestions?

GPL or public domain.

Its really great that you're doing this, and I hope everyone on c.l.a.
helps to make yours the de-faqto version. Pity that adahome seems to have
gone stale though...

-- Brian

* Re: adahome consultant index
@ 1999-09-28  0:00       ` Nick Roberts
From: Nick Roberts @ 1999-09-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

(I always feel a bit silly posting an article which just says "I agree", but
here goes :-)

I agree.

--
Nick Roberts
Computer Consultant (UK)

Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com> wrote in message
| In article <7spb2s$31os$1@news.gate.net>,
|   "David Botton" <David@Botton.com> wrote:
|
| > and other resources found there. I sent off a message many months ago,
| > that I never received a reponce to, asking to take over maintenance of
| > the Ada FAQ, but never heard back.
|
| Which Ada FAQ? If you are talking about the c.l.a FAQ at
| http://www.adahome.com/FAQ/comp-lang-ada.html , please do take it if you
| are willing. It hasn't been updated in almost 2 years and hasn't been
| posted in 3 years. As a result newbies have little recourse other than
| to go ahead and ask their FAQ's (eg: Getting Gnat to run on Red Hat 6)
| over and over again.
|
| Since it is not being properly taken care of, and you have asked about
| it and gotten no response in a reasonable amount of time, it would seem
| reasonable to pronounce it "dead" and take it over yourself.
|
| Unfortunately, Magnus has the old FAQ copyrighted with a rather
| restrictive license. I don't think you can legitimately modify the old
| it without his express permission. However, that FAQ has grown so stale
| that starting over really wouldn't be such a bad idea anyway. I would
| suggest that you use a more open license than Magnus, so that we don't
| have to go through this again.

* Re: adahome consultant index
@ 1999-09-28  0:00     ` p.obry
                       ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: p.obry @ 1999-09-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

<<
What are the feelings on my adding such resources to AdaPower?

I would dot it. Adahome is just dead since more than one year now.
It is a pitty but that's the way you see it from there.

Magnus are you reading ?

Pascal.

From: David Botton @ 1999-09-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1999-09-28  0:00           ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 1999-09-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

You can now add entries by going to http://www.adapower.com/411

David Botton

@ 1999-09-29  0:00         ` Stanley R. Allen
From: Stanley R. Allen @ 1999-09-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

But the jobs page at http://www.adaic.org is active.

--
Stanley Allen
mailto:s_allen@hso.link.com

* Re: adahome consultant index
@ 1999-09-29  0:00         ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 1999-09-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <7st8p0$54u$1@nnrp1.deja.com>, Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com> writes:
> In article <rv1h76cg3i547@corp.supernews.com>,
>   "Pat Rogers" <progers@NOclasswideSPAM.com> wrote:
>
>> I would ask, though, as a potential customer, that the listing be
>> shuffled somehow on some regular basis -- a simple alphabetical
> ordering
>> is fair but not necessarily desirable.
>
> You could always name yourself "A AAAda Consulting". :-)

It would be unfortunate if ADA alphabetizes before Ada.

Larry Kilgallen

* Re: adahome consultant index
@ 1999-09-29  0:00           ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1999-09-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <1999Sep28.173707.1@eisner>,
  Kilgallen@eisner.decus.org.nospam wrote:
> Licensing or Copyrighting or anything of a FAQ seems
> ridiculous. The DEQ employees who maintain the VMS FAQ don't
> do such things.

What do they do? If they do nothing, then that's bad, since
things are by default copyrighted.

If they put them in the public domain, then there is nothing
to stop people from grabbing a copy, making a few changes and
copyrighting the entire changed version.

The use of the GPL seems just right here, or alternatively some
statement similar to the one used in the Ada RM.

@ 1999-09-29  0:00         ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 1999-09-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Botton <David@Botton.com> writes:

> If I do take it over, I do not intend on using the old FAQ as a base.
> The licensing will probably be GPL or the like. Any suggestions?

I think RMS recently posted a 'documentation GPL' which might be worth
a look.

@ 1999-09-29  0:00         ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1999-09-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <7sr6v8$n0r$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  David Botton <David@Botton.com> wrote:
> Is there some sort of official process for doing this?

Of course not! There is nothing official about Magnus' page,
or the FAQ there. So how could there be an official process
for declaring this FAQ unofficial, when it was never official
in the first place.

Go ahead and make your own FAQ, let the free market place of
ideas decide whether it is useful (I am sure it will be :-)

> > Unfortunately, Magnus has the old FAQ copyrighted with a
> > rather restrictive license.
>
> I am well aware of the license. Even code examples on AdaHome
> have very restrictive licenses.
>
> If I do take it over, I do not intend on using the old FAQ as
> a base. The licensing will probably be GPL or the like. Any
> suggestions?

The GPL seems a reasonable choice, basically I think any
free software compatible license is acceptable in this context,
but I prefer to avoid restrictive licenses. I believe Magnus
even tried to copyright the HTML version of the RM he prepared
(though that was a very dubious attempt given the original
copyright statement from Intermetrics).

Of course all creators are permitted by law to take whatever
advantages they can of the intellectual property laws, but
obviously from the point of the Ada community, it is desirable
if as much of the technology as possible is freely available.

@ 1999-09-29  0:00       ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 1999-09-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1999-09-29  0:00         ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 1999-09-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <7sr6v8$n0r$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  David Botton <David@Botton.com> wrote:
> Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com> wrote:
>
> > reasonable to pronounce it "dead" and take it over yourself.
>
> Is there some sort of official process for doing this?

No. Put if you are really worried about taking over a project in the
"right" way, I suggest you read the "Ownership and Open Source" section
in ESR's Homesteading paper (
http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/writings/homesteading/homesteading-4.html ).
As I read it, you've already done pretty much all you need to do, short
of the actual work, of course. :-)

> > Unfortunately, Magnus has the old FAQ copyrighted with a rather
> > restrictive license.
>
> The licensing will probably be GPL or the like. Any suggestions?

Hmmm. To prevent it from *ever* happening again, you'd want a license
that allows changes and prevents anyone from ever licensing it
differently. The GPL would do that. Unfortunately, the GPL would also
prevent quoting the FAQ in any document that isn't also GPL'ed. That's
just fine for usenet, but if anyone ever wants to use a good FAQ answer
in an Ada book, they'd have to GPL their book or get special permission
from the copyright holder. Perhaps that's good enough.

Yeah, if it were me I think I'd GPL it.

--
T.E.D.

@ 1999-09-29  0:00             ` Gisle S�lensminde
From: Gisle S�lensminde @ 1999-09-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <7srn1m$2344$1@news.gate.net>, David Botton wrote:
>You can now add entries by going to http://www.adapower.com/411

A page with consultant index and job Ads, should expire after a
while, to avoid the situation on lot of other sites (Ada and others)
with a lot of obsolete references.

I would say:

Jobs: 4-8 weeks
Consultants: 6 months
Vendors: 12 months ?

A site with obsolete references and links will give a bad impressison.
When an entry has expired, it must be reposted. Since there already
is a system for automatic posting, it should be possible to implement it
without too much work?

Is is a good idea?

>David Botton
>
>Joe Wisniewski wrote in message <7srjf1$e8$1@nnrp1.deja.com>...
>>David,
>>
>>Thanx for taking this all on.
>>
>>Joe

Gisle S�lensminde ( gisle@ii.uib.no )

* Re: comp.lang.ada FAQ (was Re: adahome consultant index)
@ 1999-09-29  0:00         ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 1999-09-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I was actually looking at creating a "living" FAQ that lets any one
contribute to it. There are a couple of FAQs out there already doing it and
I believe some perl scripts ready to run. I already have some materials
compiled and in the next couple of weeks will try my hand at a first draft.

It makes more sence to set up a chat like those in the Ada labs
(http://www.adapower.com/lab) that allow for both mail list and web
participation this way any issues that come up can be aired, resolved and
archived.

Unless any one objects, at least for now, I am going to set up a FAQ project
in the lab for this tonight along with a chat. Suggestions can then be
posted for FAQ material and the early drafts aired.

David Botton

From: David Botton @ 1999-09-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I don't have plans of adding a Job Center or Job Bank to AdaPower for
various reasons. Good to hear there is something out there already.

David Botton