From: aidan@skinner.demon.co.uk (Aidan Skinner)
Subject: Re: Type mess in Ada standard library
Date: 1999/07/21
Date: 1999-07-21T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

On 21 Jul 1999 08:56:03 GMT, Markus Kuhn <mgk25@cl.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

>or something like that, which wherever they are used lead to identical
>types iff the parameters are identical.

While were on the subject of adding stuff, could we have something
that would auto-generate an explicit type-conversion for structually
equivalent types?

Eg.

  declare

  type Foo is record
     X : integer;
     Y : Character;
  end record;

  type Bar is record
     X : integer;
     Y : Character;
  end record;

  Foo1 : Foo;
  Bar1 : Bar;

  begin
     Foo1 := Foo (Bar1);
  end;

- Aidan (oh, and I'd like a flake in that as well)
--
http://www.skinner.demon.co.uk/aidan/
How much can could ICANN can if ICANN could can-can?