* Correct index for "Concurrency in Ada" (2nd edition)
@ 1998-08-12  0:00 Corey Minyard
From: Corey Minyard @ 1998-08-12  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a copy of Concurrency in Ada and it is quite good.  The only
problem I have is that the index page numbers are completely wrong.
Is there any way to get an updated index?  Will the new reprint have
the correct page numbers?

Thanks,

--
Corey Minyard               Internet:  minyard@acm.org
  Work: minyard@nortel.ca       UUCP:  minyard@wf-rch.cirr.com

* Re: Correct index for "Concurrency in Ada" (2nd edition)
@ 1998-08-13  0:00 ` Frank Ecke
From: Frank Ecke @ 1998-08-13  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 12 Aug 1998 23:07:52 PDT, Corey Minyard <minyard@acm.org> wrote:

>I have a copy of Concurrency in Ada and it is quite good.  The only
>problem I have is that the index page numbers are completely wrong.
>Is there any way to get an updated index?  Will the new reprint have
>the correct page numbers?
>
>Thanks,
>
>--
>Corey Minyard               Internet:  minyard@acm.org
>  Work: minyard@nortel.ca       UUCP:  minyard@wf-rch.cirr.com

Yikes, you are right!  I just checked my copy and found out that asynchronous
systems are discussed on page 409.  The book has only 381 pages!!!  I never
used the index before since I read the book completely.
   But the problem is known to the authors.  There is a Webpage dedicated to
this book: www.cs.york.ac.uk/~burns/CIA.html which contains an errata section
describing the problem: www.cs.york.ac.uk/~burns/CIAerrata.html
This page also contains a corrected (Burns & Wellings claim) index (as a
PostScript-File).  I briefly checked it; it seems to be OK.

   Thanks for the notification.

Regards,

Frank