From: franke@pax10f.mipool.uni-jena.de (Frank Ecke)
Subject: Re: why use "task"?
Date: 1998/08/12
Date: 1998-08-12T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

On Wed, 12 Aug 1998 07:08:22, Marc A. Criley <marc.a.criley@lmco.com> wrote:

> Re: missile control facilities.  As a specific example, the Advanced
> Tomahawk
> Weapon Control System (ATWCS) makes extensive use of tasking (this is in
> the
> ship's onboard weapon command and control system, not the missile itself).
> When
> ATWCS is at its maximum load, there are literally over a thousand active
> tasks.

Now, this is what I call a *real example* (hopefully, Shen will do so as well).
Thank you very much for these information.  It is good to know that there are
folks out there that really make use of tasking besides the more or less
pedagogical examples found in books or in university lectures.

> Tasking provided an excellent fit to the entities within the ATWCS system,
> making a clean, clear design and implementation possible.

For me, even without any knowledge of ATWCS, this is absolutely conceivable.

Regards,

Frank